OK. So here is the full story.
FP2 became unreliable and found a new life without a SIM, as a small tablet . Last week it got discharged, turned off and would not recharge. When plugged in, the red LED shows continually whether the battery is inserted or not. It won’t boot into any mode and the battery does not seem to charge. I have three bottom modules and all create the same result, so I don’t think it’s a bottom module fault after all. It doesn’t work with my spare screen either.
Here’s what I have: https://photos.app.goo.gl/fxEabDRu5BhghJgu5
It’s something of a history of “my life with an FP2” and quite sad as for the time being this marks the end of my FairPhone story :¬(
- Original Box
- Motherboard inc new rear camera and bottom module fitted
- Good screen (a few scratches, no cracks)
- Badly damaged screen (big cracks but still works, amazingly!)
- 2x spare bottom modules (one stopped charging the phone, but the microphone is OK, the other charged the phone but the microphone is shot)
- 1x original camera module which works but will not focus (yes, I tried the recommended fixes)
- 1x as new blue hard case (never used)
- 1x white hard case, OK condition but the black front part has a missing button
- 1x clear hard case, cracked and the black front has two missing buttons
- 1x original soft case … in the usual falling apart condition
- 3x batteries one OKish, one low capacity, one nearly dead
I had three mails asking for the phone, but one on the basis that we could make it work with a spare bottom module… I think not.
So, if it’s OK I will send whichever bits to Alex that Alex wants … on the promise that he doesn’t sell it or extract the data that is (maybe) still on the phone.
PM me Alex and let me know. The remainder will recycle.