FP1 Spare parts availability (batteries, displays, motherboards, etc. [out of stock!?])

Hi @Katarina, if it‘s just the glass of your display which is broken and your touchscreen is still usable, then it might be sufficient to simply buy a protection film/protection foil.
If it is just a small part of your touchscreen which is broken and the rest is still working, there‘s the possibility to kind of disable the broken part of your screen. I had this problem and posted the solution here.

HOLY sh… :scream: Can it be true?

https://shop.fairphone.com/en/spare-parts/fairphone-1-display-assembly

https://shop.fairphone.com/en/spare-parts/fairphone-1-motherboard

Credit where credit is (over)due: @Stefan made me aware of it :thumbsup:

6 Likes

Are they selling off the spare ones they kept for warranty replacements?

2 Likes

You might have been right. Right now the display is shown as Sold Out again. :frowning:

1 Like

That was to be expected. Let’s hope it was people in need of a display who bought them up, not resellers who will sell them on ebay for twice the price.

2 Likes

Hey all,

They were online because of a mistake on our end - we are figuring out how this happened. But it wasn’t a conscious decision. Apologies for the mishap!

Any of you here on this thread who are looking for a FP1 display or motherboard - please get in touch with support so we can see what we can do to help you!

Thanks to @Stefan and @urs_lesse for spotting.

3 Likes

Will those, who ordered something, will be informed? Will their whole order be canceled so that they have to place a new order or will they just receive the money back for the parts that can’t be shipped? (In case of orders with mixed availability.)

We will make sure to check all orders which have either a FP1 display or motherboard/PCB in them, in order to make sure all goes as planned.

Luckily it is not a big amount. We will simply ship the orders, unless we find a reason not to.

2 Likes

When the Fairphone concept appeared, I was really happy to subscribe to it by buying a the Fairphone 1 to my niece.
But now that her screen glass is broken, I’m really sad to discover the Fairphone Roadmap includes the possibility of not being able to have it repaired !!!

See:
https://fairphone.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202010356-Fairphone-1-repair-price-list-and-FAQ
Extract:

Display assembly replacement
Touch and LCD panel, glass & front screen - Out of Stock

How can we call “Fair” that marketing choice ?!

Help me regain trust in the Fairphone spirit, by telling us when this “Out of Stock” strategy for the Fairphone 1, will only be a sad memory.

@dieudo, I’ve moved your post here, as there’s been a discussion about the issues you mentioned in this topic.

Fairphone themselves explained some of the issues that they’ve faced in sourcing spare parts here:

Another recent comment from Fairphone support suggests getting in touch to see whether a solution can be found on an individual basis, you may want to follow up on that:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: FP1 Display with minor scratches

Are the FP1 batteries out of stock? I can order a camera with my browser, but no battery. The price is shown, but not the buy button.

I have the same problem with the battery. I need it!! :frowning:

@Wolfspelz, @princesscaty: For me the “Add to Basket” button on the battery shop page seems to be working again today.

1 Like

Hi all,
also I cannot buy a new battery for my FP1. I was only able to make a “Subscription added successfully” with my e-mail for this piece.

Hi, is it possible to be put on a waiting list and/or be informed when FP1 displays would be available again? I looked on the website but didn’t find how to subscribe. Thanks

Unfortunately there will not be any more new FP1 displays :frowning: Your only chance is to find a used one in the forum’s marketplace section.

I urgently need a new battery for a FP1. The website seems to say that they are out of stock. Can this be true?

1 Like

Now it says sold out. I hope there will be new batteries available at a point?

1 Like

I also urgently need a new FP1 battery ! I should have bought 2 when I bought my current one a year and a half ago. I really hope they are going to be in stock soon ! It would be great if we could have a date or pre-order them…

2 Likes