FP1 Spare parts availability (batteries, displays, motherboards, etc. [out of stock!?])

Indeed, this is pretty awesome. As so many commenters above I hardly believed you guys would succeed and started looking for a new phone from any regular manufacturer. To cut a long story short, I didn’t find what I was looking for. Hence I am more than happy that I can replace my cracked screen after a bit more than half a year of waiting. Sincerely, I appreciate your efforts!

3 Likes

hello michiel
about the new FP1 display being available… does FP happen to have a tool for group orders such that if we are a certain number to want to arrange the delivery in the same place at the same time, we can each pay online by ourselves with some code valid only until some deadline and whatever has been ordered under it by the deadline gets confirmed and sent together to one same place ? that would be awesome ! i’m sure we are a number of people in my city (paris) to be ready to order their new display… cheers, and thanks for the reply !

Hey @cazeph, unfortunately we don’t have such a tool available. Our webshop capabilities are pretty limited, and to prevent a run on the limited batch of displays we now have available you can only buy one unit per customer. There are for example repair shops who would love to buy 20 at once!

To still be able to facilitate to your wish, we would need to create manual orders, for which we unfortunately currently simply don’t have the time/capacity to do so. I’m sorry to disappoint you!

The screens now seem to be sold out. I didn’t received the notification email and only found out they were on sale when I received an email asking me what I thought of your customer service. This email had attached to it the notification email. I’m pretty unhappy about this, is my only option now to pay much more to send my phone to be fixed at Fairphone?
Thanks.

Wow, the 900 displays are sold out again after such a short time??? :astonished: This is really unfortunate!

It seems you need to continue waiting… :frowning:

1 Like

Well…here we go again, the screens are sold out and batteries still are nowhere to be seen.

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Dear Fairphone, what would it take to be able to keep using my FP1 ??
Payment in advance for batteries and screens ? Sign me up !

By now it`s clear the Fairphone company severely underestimated their customers desire to repair the damn things themselves.
You know, to acually fullfill one of the premises of the Fairphone concept…

Again, dear Fairphone company : PLEASE take note and don`t let this happen again… your customers actually WANT a repairable phone AND are willing to accept this may not be the cheapest option.
How much more proof then selling out 900 screens in 5 days do you need ?

1 Like

When you mention that FP1 is relatively old for mobile phone is there no possibility to get used screens from companies who collect smartphones?

1 Like

Are you kidding me?
I’m so mad. I’m waiting for over 6 months now to order a new display.
You said that you would inform the customers (didnt receive an e-mail) and now the screens are already sold out?
SERIOUSLY?
I just cant believe it.
I was one of the crowdfounders and this is how you reward these people.
Great job guys!

Well, I got the notification e-mail on the first day when the screens were in the shop. Maybe it got stuck in your spam filter.

I think the users who want to get screens and batteries for the Fairphone 1 can look at our #marketplace::tag or at ebay if they can get a “bricked” FP1 (where the screen and battery is intact). Of course, they are far less “bricked” FP1 than interested persons.

I think we have to reach the people who “brick” their FP1 and tell them not to give it to recycling or leave it in the cupboard but to give it to people with broken screens and batteries.

2 Likes

Hey, our system has showed us that we sent you an email to inform you about this on the 10th of May. Like @Irina_Spitznagel said, maybe it ended up in your spam? In any case, my colleague Leontine just replied to your Facebook message.

Hey @Friedrich

We understand the demand for more spare parts, but it has been improving incredibly hard to source more of them. I won’t go into more detail here, for more info check out this blog. What I just want to say is that we might indeed have underestimated how hard it is to source these parts when we (more or less naively) started out with a couple of people back in '13, but we are trying so hard to make this happen. We are as frustrated as you guys are, but believe me… it is not for a lack of trying from our side.

In any case, FP1 batteries are back in stock and we have more FP1 displays coming later this week.

4 Likes

Hey @susan, our system shows that we sent you the notification email on the 10th. Maybe it ended up in your spam folder? We will have more displays coming in later this week, so make sure to keep an eye on the shop!

Michiel, thanks for the frank reply, it must be frustrating to the company as well.
Since batteries are back in stock and theres some more screens coming soon Ill stop being a curmudgeon on the forum and just place an order next week.

Thanks for understanding :smile: don’t wait too long with ordering a display, because I’m not sure how long the next batch will last. Batteries we have plenty!

1 Like

I wished to be notified when the FP1U battery would be available and had indicated this via the webshop. Well, batteries are available again but I have received no notification, nor is it in my spam folder. Lucky that I just read your message about batteries being available again. Just ordered one :slight_smile: Mine has been getting worse.

In any case, you might want to doublecheck your notification system.

1 Like

October, November, December, January, February, March, April, May …
No notifications, no screens…
bye.

Too bad you missed the notification, seems Fairphone is sending out so many e-mails that a lot of e-mail providers are classing them as spam. As the quote above indicates you’re getting rid of your FP1, you could consider selling it for parts - there’s an official marketplace here on the forum here.

1 Like

Gmail file my notifacation under the promotions tab, this may explain why many ppl didn’t see theirs in their main email nor in the spams.

3 Likes

One more reason to use an e-mail program like Thunderbird. It wouldn’t automatically filter your e-mail without your consent.

3 Likes