FP 3 won't start anymore

Dear community,

I’m desperate…

It was my own failure, but maybe you can help me:
I tried to root my fairphone.
It worked.
I disabled Googles applications
Then the Fairphone didn’t want start anymore.
I tried to restore the Fairphone with the original image: [HOW TO] Flash a custom ROM on FP3 with GSI
But I couldn’t boot the TWRP image.
I couldn’t boot any image. So I tried to activate via fastboot --set-active=a and b
But now, the Fairphone don’t want to start at all. The phone vibrates, shows the Fairphone-splashscreen very short and shutdown. If I plug the power cable, no LED glowing too.

Has anybody any suggestions?

Way for solving the problem
Pressing Volume-down & power-button to start fastboot
try to fastboot --set-active=a or b
in my case, if the b-slot is active, the device run fastboot (but the reason for this could also be flashing of the device (see #3 in FP 3 won't start anymore). in slot a the phone shows only short bootsplash and shutdown.

Anyway I can’t boot twrp, but that’s another problem…

Sorry, cannot resist: Why did you do it?

Otherwise, I do of course hope that someone here can help you out.

Do you still have a working bootloader? If so, please try this script.
If not, please refer to this thread

3 Likes

First it didn’t luck for me to root the phone. That had should be the moment to say: ok, it’s fine. Never change a working system blablabla.

:grinning::gun:

Thanks a lot.
Do you know how to solve the problem with the system.img (Value too large for defined data type)?
I have only the long usb cable from Fairphone. Should I try to get a shorter one? Has somebody experiences with this issue?
Another usb-slot doesn’t work too.

#offtopic: Happy I<3FS-day everyone! Thanks a lot dear developers!

I think the problem could be I’m using a 32 bit system. Damn…

If it still shows the splashcreen, fastboot should still be working.
Did you try turning it on with the Vol Down + Power Button?

1 Like

Yes, but now after I followed the instructions from pigpig I could boot in fastboot again. Now I try again to install TWRP and Android.

I running it with the windows PC from my girlfriend. So I could flash the system.img with fastboot -S 256 flash system system.img

Wait, shouldn’t be the linked system.img in FP 3 won't start anymore an operating system? So why it can’t boot?