Four problems with FP3+: Wireless LAN, BT, Audible and Hearthstone

Hello,

I have the following four problems with my new fairphone 3+ (updated to the latest OS version):

1. Wireless LAN
    I am connected to a WLAN, but do not have access to the internet. Other smartphone devices (e.g. Samsung S7) do not have this issue. This does not happen all the time.

2. Bluetooth
    The BT-connection to my AirPods starts to break up after a few minutes of listening. I have to restart the according app (e.g. Spotify or Audible) to be able to hear again.

3. Audible
    I have to login each time I am opening the app. This does not happen on any other device I am using (e.g. Samsung S8).

4. Hearthstone
    After downloading and starting the app, the game crashes to desktop without having shown any game screen. I have tried to reinstall the app several times, both on WLAN and mobil data.

Thank you.

I’ve got a similar issue with my home wireless.
I do get a connection, but it’s horrendously slow even switching between 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.

Other devices on the same network, Windows Laptop, an Xbox and an iPhone have no issues at all?

Gone to the effort of wiping my router and upgrading the firmware. Only just recently picked up my FP3 and have wiped it already. :sob:

Are you connected to 2.4 GHz WLAN or 5 GHz WLAN? If one, try the other. It might also solve your Bluetooth issue as I suspect “an overcrowded radio spectrum” (ie. lots of noise on 2.4/5GHz). Have you upgraded the Airpods firmware to latest?

1 Like

I have the same problem with Hearthstone… did you find an anwser yet?

I installed all apps on the phone instead of the SD-card. That fixed a few problems, though I still have a wacky bluetooth connection.

I have the same problem with the Audible app. It also usually crashes on opening and I have to reopen once or twice before it works. Does anyone else have this and @fhs did your solution above tackle the Audible issue? I have tried asking Audible but so far they have not provided any solution that works.

I have the same issue regarding the WiFi. All of the other devices in the house connect to the same network without but since yesterday, my phone suddenly says that there’s no internet on the network. I tried disconnecting from the network, restarting the phone, forgetting the network and restarting the router. Nothing worked.

I don’t know what else I can try and it’s annoying me.

Hi Mona, welcome to the forum and hopefully someone can help you understand the issue…
First I wonder what brought you such a wide ranging topic some 9 months old.

As you can see one issue the original poster had was a wifi one but not the same, theirs was intermittent, although as your problem is so new maybe it will connect and become an intermittent issue.

You would probably have been better off starting a new topic and providing some more detail.

• When did you last update and what version are you using ?
  • Have you tried starting in Safe Mode?
  • Have you tried disabling bluetooth, I have to do this on my tablet as it only uses wifi on 2.4Ghz which is the same frequency band as bluetooth? Try setting your wifi to the 5Ghz band or at least ensure your phone is trying to pick up 5GHz

You say it only started yesterday, is there any other event that could have been co-incidental and triggered this, like the router failure?

What router are you using?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! Actually, I don’t remember how I came across this topic. I’m still new to the forum and learning how to navigate it.

• The last update I did was the update earlier this month. June 5th, to be precise.

• I just tried starting the phone in Safe Mode, forgetting the WiFi. Still no internet.

• I also disabled Bluetooth. Our router is the TP-Link TL-WR940N. It’s a cheap one and doesn’t support 5GHz, only 2.4 GHz. I have WiFi frequency band option in the settings to automatic, so I think it should search for 5GHz frequency bands as well.

As for coincidental events, our internet provider changed something in the technical set up in the night up today, but considering the WiFi problems started earlier than that, I’m not sure it’s related. Besides, all of the other devides in the house access the internet just fine today. It’s only my phone that has problems.

I also tried connecting to a WiFi-hotspot from my house mate’s phone. No problem there. The internet worked fine.

OK if your router only does 2.4Ghz switch off the automatic setting.

Then try enabling aeroplane mode, which swtiches off all networking etc and then enabling only the wifi.

wifion

This is my general setup as I have no mobile network where I reside.