Fingerprint sensor sensing too fast

Sometimes while gripping my locked phone, I’ll accidentally lightly touch the fingerprint sensor and it will take too many failed readings and require a screen code.

It takes the readings at an inhumane rate, like 6 or more per second. Is there a way to set the time between readings to prevent this, like to 0.5 s?

4 Likes

This issue is also described by a user in this post Anyone love their FP3? (= no issues) - #34 by Failquail

It was added in this list:

https://forum.fairphone.com/t/improving-the-software-of-fp3/54799/2

Personally, I have not had a problem with the current setting. Apart from it saying once that it detected a partial fingerprint, it does not lock me out.

3 Likes

Ah thanks for pointing me to that thread!

It didn’t turn up with a search for “fingerprint”, so I’ll leave this one hear to help redirect anyone else.

I have the same experience with a new fp3+: fingerprint sensor rejecting finger many times per second, until it locks me out. This is at genuine attempts to unlock, just by moving the fingertip in position.

It seems I can only successfully unlock by placing fingertip right in the middle of the sensor in the first attempt. Even then it tends to buzz a few times indicating several rejections

2 Likes

I’m also having the same problem with my FP3+ - it seems to have got worse since I recently updated the OS so now it is only exceptionally that I am able to use it to unlock the screen. Most times it locks out and I have to enter the pin code to unlock. Is it possible to reduce the speed or sensitivity of the sensor?

1 Like