English

Fairphone's 2020 recycling program: 55% reuse, 45% recycling

While I brought up Fairphone’s current recycling program elsewhere before, I think it deserves to get its own topic after all.

The program gives you 40€ back after the purchase of a Fairphone 3 in Fairphone’s own webshop (not in dealers’ & resellers’ shops) if you send in an FP2 and 20€ back for an FP1. The smartphone’s IMEI must be clearly identifiable. For the time being, the program expires by 30 September 2020.

:arrow_right: Please follow the exact instructions in the link below to participate in the program.

What made me eventually post this as a standalone topic is that Fairphone has now added some “what happens to the phones you send in” information. According to the website, 55% of the phones sent in actually get back to the market again. 45% get recycled.

16 Likes

Ik heb maanden geleden mijn Fairphone2 opgestuurd om te recyclen nadat ik een Fairphone3 had gekocht. Ik heb nog steeds niets terug gehoord of geld ontvangen.

You only get money if you buy your Fairphone 3 through Fairphone’s own webshop.
I happen to know that you bought your Fairphone 3 through a reseller.
So, unfortunately, you don’t qualify.

2 Likes

Than I want my Fairphone back.

Verzonden van mijn Fairphone 3

@Ria_Bol, hier op het forum kunnen we helaas daar niet bij helpen, je zou hiervoor contact moeten opnemen met Fairphone support: The Forum Guide to... Fairphone Support

1 Like

The recycling program has been extended until 30 June. Cashback sums unchanged. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The recycling program has been extended again, this time until 13 July 2020 . Cashback sums are still unchanged :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I sent mine yesterday, after having gone to the Spanish shipping agency and having to return home with the packages because I was sending more phones than they admit. In case someone wants to send mobile phones from Spain: Correos (the spanish post office for this promotion) only accepts two mobile phones in each shipment! :wink:

2 Likes

Cashback rates for FP2 lowered to 40€ and for FP1 to 20€. No cashback anymore for other phones.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t it actually be the other way round? The probability that a FP2 is still working is much higher than for a FP1, so the incentive for FP2 users to buy a FP3 should be lower in my opinion…

Is there a chance that Fairphone will promote the recycling of other phones than Fairphones again at some point? Otherwise, I’d rather bring it to a recycling station of my home town to save CO2 (shipping).