Fairphone Updater app missing!

hello everybody,

I am now spending more than 3 hours trying to solve my problem. Before I freak out - I try posting here. :smile:

Where can I download the Fairphone Updater app? It is NOT on my phone. I removed it because it bothered me so bad (ā€œinstalling updateā€ or ā€œnew update availableā€ - loading and loading but not doing anything). Whatever: I never thought it would be an issue to just reinstall. Is there a way to just download the Fairphone Updater app for being able to update my phone? I want stock android or try 1.8.5 (not sure now) and I donā€™t have a SD card.

Thanks for helping.
Y.

How did you uninstall the updater app? Are you sure you didnā€™t just remove it from your home screen?

In the second case you can perform an edge swipe release your finger on the all apps symbol (circle with 6 dots in it) and then you can flick pages until you get to the updater app. To put it back on a homescreen long tap it and release it where you want it.

Since removing an app from the home screen doesnā€™t stop it from bothering, I really did uninstall the updater app. And yes, with some help. Forgot, how exactly. Thanks for answering, paulakreuzer. Maybe I can have your updater app? Isnā€™t there a way to export any app to an .apk file? Or wait! Maybe I can find the apk in the ZIP file of the OS.

I tried two different fairphoneupdater.apk out of a .ZIP fileā€¦ Installing works, but I canā€™t open it. Device not supported. That sucks so much. ;(
My Version is 1.8 by the way. What version of the updater is the one I need?

To be honest I never looked into one of the zip files.
I believe the easiest solution for you is to do a manual update to 1.8.5:

If that works and the updater app is bothering you again you can use Autostarts to shut it up. That way you wonā€™t run into problems when you need to use it again.

1 Like