Fairphone True Wireless Stereo Earbuds microphone quality?

I am seriously considering the Fairphone True Wireless Stereo Earbuds. One of my questions is: What is the quality of its microphone?

I am NOT looking for an audiophile/professional level microphone for studio use, but I want it to be good enough for video conferencing. For example, if my voice would be noisy and distorted like through an old-school walkie talkie, then it’s definitely not good enough. But if it is equal to or better than the microphone that came with the old Fairphone wired earbuds, then it is sufficient for my use case.

Can anyone speak from their experience? Or are there recordings that I can listen to? Any insights would be appreciated.

I see that @Mixigodo posted a test recording from the earbuds microphone in this post, sadly the link to the recording is dead so I can’t hear it…

EDIT: @Mixigodo has now re-posted their recording below. Thanks!

1 Like

Found a microphone test in this YouTube review! (and a YouTube-free proxied link)

Happy to hear more input, but leaving this thread solved for now.

2 Likes

Sorry, I must have deleted the file at some point and I can’t find it. I just recorded another test and, in this case, I uploaded it as a private video to YouTube, so that it will last over time. I hope it will be useful to you and other people!

PS: I can’t edit the original message in the other post to correct the link. @moderators, can someone do it for me in case someone accesses it by search in the future? Thanks!

4 Likes

Done. Let me know if I got it wrong. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Fantastic, thank you so much @Mixigodo!! :smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.