Fairphone T-shirts and more for the community?

I think the current designs fit your taste quite well, nothing wrong with that. No one needs to be a living billboard all the time. :wink: And regarding the fabric, I think Fairphone already applies a good standard:

I guess, @JeroenH had something even more subtle in mind. Rather a logo in the place where breast-pockets use to be than a graphic all over the front or back.

In my opinion, it essentially depends on what the shirt is meant to be for.
If you are at an event “representing” or advertising Fairphone, the shirt should be visible from far, “crying” fair telephone all over the place.
If you wanna wear it in private - e.g. for taking a walk with your dog or doing some sports - many (like me) might prefer a really, really modest design.

Those shirts are not what I would choose to wear. But that’s evidently, where personal taste is involved and therefore up to everyones liking.

1 Like

Pretty much these (literally “cool”) colors:

With the subtlety of a polo

Like this logo:

But then the logo in white.

Not a huge logo, just something subtle. With e.g. Nike people pay to wear the brand (they themselves advertising) and the same is true with all kind of open source branding. Why not the same for a noble project such as the Fairphone? It doesn’t have to be a huge logo though.

1 Like

Saw this at the Fairphone office:

How about a T-shirt with this visible representation of the FP ringtone on it and underneath in the Fairphone font: “Fairtone”? :wink:

3 Likes

How about reusable coffee cups? Reduce a little of that landfill!

coffee-cup-waste

Obviously with a slogan, 'Wake up with Fairphone" or something.

4 Likes

Oh, a new template for an audio tattoo…:laughing:

1 Like

Or a Lord of the Ringtone ring with the ringtone instead of the elvish-script inscription. :wink:

2 Likes

Just imagine - FP rising up even more in the market to cause a major change - having other manufacturers to give in to the market shift and (slightly) change their direction/policies…
-> one to rule them all -> FAIRPHONE

3 Likes

…and there we are again. :rofl:

4 Likes

I really wonder, if there ever will be any kind of PR-stuff by Fairphone?
Was this discussed at the EFCT?
Do they even read this thread?
Will we ever know?
:wink: :yum:

1 Like

I think the best PR is a working phone and a good customer support. :wink: No, we didn’t take about merchandising during efct18

2 Likes

Well I talked with @lina1 a bit (Btw, I don’t know if she was aware of this topic before).
She said about once a month she is pushing new designs for t-shirts, hoodies & other goodies, but only every now and then one makes it into production.
I saw a few “prototypes”, like a t-shirt with the design posted above on it and a really cool black hoodie which just had the light blue Fairphone logo in the front.

2 Likes

Thanks for enlightening us, Paula. :+1: Finally at least a bit of information.

1 Like

I was thinking of trying my own screen printing of a community t-shirt. I this works, I might offer my services to the community… But this is way down on my ToDo list.

Hi everyone, I didn’t know about this thread! Cool! Yes indeed I’ve been pushing for a new shirt design for long time and for other merchandize items like reusable cups, tote bags, hoodies, pencil cases, postcards. This always ends up in the backlog :frowning: It’s never a priority per-say since we are a small team. Certainly it’s good for PR but it’s better if we have our production steady and customers happier. So just to make the story short. I hear you :slight_smile: and I want new merchandise as soon as we can (I love the ringtone idea @paulakreuzer) . And I might surprise you one day when I make my dream of merchandize a reality! for now patience is key! :smiley:

9 Likes

Yes, please. A T shirt that says : I wanted the blue one but got the red ; ))…It s true too.No stickers, thank you. Office supplies are welcome. Agenda would be nice…Or a nice bag made from hemp, yes! Keycords are handy.Keep us informed of the progress if possible? Tx !

I think you need to attend #efct19 if it becomes true. :wink: Last year (#efct18) Fairphone gave us reusable bottles. :blush:

Quite an investment for a t-shirt (and not even likely it will sport the desired slogan). :wink:
Of course there are other good reasons to atttend the efct.:grin::blush:

2 Likes

Yeeeeep - meet even more FP users out there!!! :handshake:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.