Fairphone Open OS 17.09.3 (Android 6.0) release

Mise à jour longue à charger, mais tout s’est parfaitement bien passé.
Francis

Went smoothly for me!

Update went flawlessly for me. Thanks!

Finally on Android 6 -> my upgrade story

1 Like

The update went well for me, as always. I used the manual package from command line, omitting the recovery.img so the manually upgraded TWRP doesn’t get overwritten. Kudos to the Fairphone devs for emitting the BlueBorne fix in such a fast way!

1 Like

Another one who the upgrade went smoothly and fine :slight_smile: great work!

1 Like

The update seemed to go smoothly and then I put on opengapps micro. A few hours later, I got repeat messages that GiphyCam had crashed. I didn’t think I’d opened the app, so I just uninstalled it. Now, when I try to run Signal, I get a few messages in a row that it’s crashed.

I’ve tried installing today’s version of opengapps micro, which did not solve it. I also tried uninstalling all giphy software, which did not help.

Signal is the app I use most, so this is highly disconcerting. Should I try downgrading FPOOS to a previous version?

2 Likes

Using an encrypted phone, update went well.

1 Like

Hi all,

All good for me too via the updater, just like previous releases. :slight_smile:

Apparently, what’s happened is that when I updated FPOOS and opengapps, all of the security permissions on my phone seem to have gotten messed up. They get fixed if I uninstall and reinstall the aps, but I’ve now lost all of my conversations since august and will have to reinstall nearly every app I installed form the app store, also losing all of their history.

I did the update on Friday I think, and this morning I experienced loss of Wifi-Connections several times. The signal was very good, but when the phone went idle, the connection was lost, like in those old Android5-days. Has anybody experienced the same? The “keep Wifi on when idle”(or whatever it is called in English)-option is set, of course.

You can go in to Settings>Apps> and change the permissions per app. No need to reinstall all apps.
Though, yeah it is a known thing that using OpenGapps can create an issue. That’s why I decided not to use Nano or Micro anymore but went for Mini. Less problems with having to update everything all the time.

@sylvain_merle have you managed to get the phone started again?
If not did you install before the update something like Xposed or OpenGapps?
If you did you first need to go to Recovery Mode (TWRP) and reinstall those as well.

If this is not the case but you still have problems, even after checking the battery try again to get into Recovery Mode and install the update manually with the link @Lidwien gave in the first post.

Where can I find the sources corresponding to this release?

When I follow the official build instructions, I can see no tags for this 17.09 release.

Also, the latest commit on the Kernels fp2-sibon Branch seems to be from March, but I think at least for fixing the BlueBorne issue there has to be newer changes?

1 Like

Hi, could you please confirm, did you upgrade 5 to 6 through the Updater app, and retain your user data?

I want to do that with an encrypted FP2, not using xposed or opengapps that I think people had problems with, but I’m still worried about losing all my data.
17.04 seems to be unstable as I have random reboots, even when the device is asleep on my desk.

@4ndy:

I did the upgrade from Android 5 to 6 with an earlier version (Android 5 to 17.08 maybe, you’ll find my comment in the forum somewhere) some months ago. The upgrade I’m referring to in this thread was starting from the previous Android 6 version (i.e. version 17.08.something).

Probably not what you wanted to hear, sorry…

1 Like

Thanks, seems like here you said you made that upgrade. I think I’ll give it a shot but still going to look at how to back up my phone just in case…

I am currently running FPOOS 17.06.4. Is it safe to upgrade directly to the latest versions without going through the previous ones?

1 Like

Yes, it is safe to do so :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fairphone Open 17.10.1 is now available :slight_smile:

1 Like