Fairphone Open 17.04.0 is now available

With this update, I also experience a major decrease in battery life.
I do use an app that uses the proximity sensor, but only while the phone is charging. I have not researched the proximity sensor bug yet, does it also affect the phone when those apps are not active?

Even when I put my phone on aeroplane mode and close all apps, I lose ca. 30% during night.
For now I’m switching off the phone at night and hope for Android 6.0 to fix the issue soon.

You may want to have a look at this thread:
https://forum.fairphone.com/t/use-of-proximity-sensor-drains-the-battery/22155

I’d say, it depends on how the app behaves… And with your statistics, i’d say it does not behave… This drain in inactive mode is way too much… Can you try (completely) disabling the app (e.g. deinstalling)
In case checking with BetterBatteryStats might also help to get some insights

When i reboot the phone after killing the app, the battery drain is fine again. So this workaround will do the trick for now. Still hoping for the next version to fix it. Strange enough, I did not have this bug on any previous version.

Since updating I’ve been having problems with random reboots at least once a day, but mostly more often. Have anyone else experienced this?

3 Likes

Same here, random reboots since updating to 17.04. Never had any issues with previous releases.
Most of the time, this happens when actively using the device, but occasionally reboots also occur from standby.
I hope the update to Marshmallow will come soon and fix this annoyance :pensive:

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more.

I’ve never had an unwanted reboot since I bought my FP2. But since I updated to 17.04, I’ve had one.

1 Like

Random reboots here too. How can we find the culprit? Is there a log or something that we can see?

Regards

Random reboots doesnt occur on 17.04. Had it a year ago or so.
Sometimes i have problems with battery drain when i use the wikipedia app but then the phone becomes also warm.

Nothing to see, but some Details from today:

1. Starting an App, that uses Internet connection.
  2. App starts
  3. I realized, that wlan is OFF.
  4. Starting wlan
  5. Dispay freezes, didn’t react on touch. Power-on/off-Button: No reaction.
  6. After about 30 seconds FP2 restarts.
1 Like

Random reboots - same here! And also for the first time … :confused: since the update about every 3 days … And still the screen flickers after every reboot … That didn’t change. … :confused:

And yes! My camera still has troubles with keeping the focus while taking videos … Also smthg that didn’t change …

Suddenly one day after 2 weeks, all my contacts were back.
Have no idea why. Didn’t update anything, didn’t do anything in particular. Suddenly I just received smses from names again, not from numbers.

It seems time healed my wounded phone.

1 Like

Yesterday the FP behaved strange. I had 28% battery. Watched a video on youtube and after 6-7 minutes the phone turned off because of empty battery. Dont know if it belongs to the battery drain problem.

Sadly, even after deinstalling Wave-up my phone is constantly losing battery too fast now. I turn it off at night now, but if I wouldn’t work on a computer all day I’d be pretty annoyed by the shortened battery life :frowning:

I already reported that this update went pretty bad (constant reboots, less battery life) - here’s just an additional report of things that don’t work as expected:

)bluetooth: I can’t receive files anymore from another phone (which already sent me files successfully before the last update). I get the message that there’s a new file approaching but if I tap that message to proceed to the accept-file dialogue, nothing happens. Funny fact: If I disable bluetooth the accept-file screen will appear. But file transfer fails of course because there’s no bluetooth enabled.

)vibration: after a reboot the vibration feedback of the FP2 will work for some time but eventually stops working after some minutes/hours. However that’s not a big problem because the phone will reliably reboot a few times within a day.

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Android 6.0 and Fairphone Open

The update to Fairphone Open 17.06.4 is available. This is the update to Android 6.

4 Likes