Fairphone Open 17.04.0 is now available

Yesterday the FP behaved strange. I had 28% battery. Watched a video on youtube and after 6-7 minutes the phone turned off because of empty battery. Dont know if it belongs to the battery drain problem.

Sadly, even after deinstalling Wave-up my phone is constantly losing battery too fast now. I turn it off at night now, but if I wouldnā€™t work on a computer all day Iā€™d be pretty annoyed by the shortened battery life :frowning:

I already reported that this update went pretty bad (constant reboots, less battery life) - hereā€™s just an additional report of things that donā€™t work as expected:

)bluetooth: I canā€™t receive files anymore from another phone (which already sent me files successfully before the last update). I get the message that thereā€™s a new file approaching but if I tap that message to proceed to the accept-file dialogue, nothing happens. Funny fact: If I disable bluetooth the accept-file screen will appear. But file transfer fails of course because thereā€™s no bluetooth enabled.

)vibration: after a reboot the vibration feedback of the FP2 will work for some time but eventually stops working after some minutes/hours. However thatā€™s not a big problem because the phone will reliably reboot a few times within a day.

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Android 6.0 and Fairphone Open

The update to Fairphone Open 17.06.4 is available. This is the update to Android 6.

4 Likes