Fairphone novelty (novelties?) to come on 30 September 2021

/e/ would be good.
For me the specs sound quite well.
Don’t see any problems with that specs.

5 Likes

On /e/ forum it was written that they will wait with the rename of the brand /e/ until the September and they still didn’t announce it. So maybe they are waiting for FP and just maybe, they will announce it together. Although /e/ did not announce anything for 30th of September…
And yes, the specs look great for me. To be honest I didn’t imagine that FP could be so up-to-date with technology. I use my FP2 now for 5 years and it was out-dated when I bought it. I went from Sony Xperia Z Compact (Snapdragon 800) to FP2 (Snapdragon 801). Now from FP2 to FP4 will be like future for me :laughing:

6 Likes

That´s a fantastic link! Very detailed. :smiley:

Wow, that all sounds pretty damn good! What I like most is that the main camera seems to finally be a really good one and that there is a good ultra-wide angle camera built in. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Let’s wait and see. The FP3 had the same sensor as a Pixel 3a and it wasn’t that great. The FP3+ wasn’t a huge difference either. Most optimization is done in software, not hardware.

3 Likes

I also never thought they would make such a big leap. My expectations, hopes and even dreams were surpassed!!!

1 Like

I’m hoping for a Notification LED, seriously

4 Likes

Why? Always on displays provide much more information and are energy friendly. I’ve been using it for 3 years now on my Pixel 3. I thought I would miss the notification LED and all the color customization stuff. But having an icon just on your screen is so much better :nerd_face:

1 Like

Pixel 3 has an OLED display, the FP4 does not, always on on an LCD display is not battery friendly.

5 Likes

Why not? Who told you that?

1 Like

The Snapdragon 750G is one year old so the FP4 would not be up-to-date if this is the right SoC.

If it doesn’t have OLED it should have an LED light. I don’t think phones exist that use AOD on an LCD.

It’s here…

Do you think Fairphone could design a totally new motherboard/core module in less than a year.

I think a year is more than a little impressive.

4 Likes

That’s still not official, so let’s wait and see. I can’t understand why people rely on rumors.

1 Like

I would have preferred it if Fairphone had said what they were doing right away… but this site is a good source when it comes to rumors.
Fortunately soon everything is really official

2 Likes

Why should Fairphone reveal anything before release day?

2 Likes

I don’t understand what you mean.

Qualcomm announced the 750g one year ago and the 778g in May this year. Now Samsung updated its A52 as the A52s with the 778g.

In fact I don’t understand what you mean since I cannot believe you choose a SoC and then go and look for everything else around. This is too critical to be true.

Why not?
The hardware has long been set, and cannot be kept secret either
All the speculation brings a lot of false expectations and anger

With the FP2, the hardware was well known in advance

1 Like

I’m not sure if someone said Fairphone should, but I imagine someone may not have thought the FP4 was going to be such a good upgrade and may have bought the FP3 recently and feel a little upset.

From the rumoured specs I’d like to buy one, but I have 2 FP3s less than a year old following my daughter’s disappointment.

:cry:

Because it’s unwrapped on release day, not earlier, just because some people can’t wait and are crawling the net for rumors.

Old stories don’t get better, the more often they are told :wink:.

1 Like