Fairphone + Easy 2FA

It was worded more subtle than that:

And NFC was on it. I remember some discussion about lack of NFC for FP1 on other Forums as well. Currently NFC is on the modules wishlist, and I’m sure it will be on the FP3 wishlist.

I’m no expect on NFC, but if I recall correctly most consumers who want NFC think about using it for making payments. In this case, I believe there needs to be a secure connection to a trusted element. I’m not sure whether this can be incorporated into an FP2 module, or that you run into issues like those outlined in the fingerprint scanner module discussion:

Also, I’ve not had time to check whether it is useful, but Keepass2Android (also available without network permissions) offers integration with InputStick, if there’s an easy way to also use the latter with an authenticator app, that would make things easier. I’m just not sure about the security of it all, but I see multiple usage scenarios for such a device.

At least that Nigerian (or other country) scammer who managed to remote install a keylogger on the computer that I foolishly used to log onto my bank doesn’t have my phone in Nigeria, and won’t be able to do anything with that account! (Okay, didn’t actually happen, but still).

2 Likes