Fairphone 4 case & Alternatives

Works ok

3 Likes

Kann ich nur empfehlen. Top Qualität passt 100% und trägt nicht so dich auf wie das Original Fairphone Case

Did you have to “customise” it?
Like, rip out the old Iphone plastic holder?

Or can you use the old Iphone plastic holder and cut out the side part for the knobs?

And you also need to buy the FP protective cover, right? (Fairphone 4 Softcase Schutzhülle - Zubehör | Fairphone)

The iphone plastic holder is held by a magnet, so it is easy to remove. And the Fairphone protective case I fixed to the iphone case with double sided mounting tape (strong)

The iphone plastic holder does not grip the Fairphone very well…

The solution still works well. I have not had any problems so far.

2 Likes

I got a soft case with my FP4 and it is adequate but boring and plain.
I got a friend to 3D print a case for me [thing on Thingiverse] in pale blue PETG (slightly flexible compared to PLA).

Here’s the original soft case alongside the 3D printed one.

And the phone in the case.

The print wasn’t perfect, but the cutouts were accurate enough. It is also slightly raised around the screen so you can put it face down.

2 Likes

After few month daily use, i’am still very happy with my Biowaves biocase :heart_eyes:

Have seen there is an update on the Biowaves homepage with some more descriptions: https://biowaves.de

Still indeed the quality best one.

3 Likes

One more shot from side view

1 Like

:loudspeaker: DISCOVER THE NEW CUSTOM CASES FROM NOREVE !

We are pleased to announce that we have expanded our range by offering new custom-made cases for the Fairphone 4.

:artist: Handmade by talented leather craftsmen, our leather cases will perfectly fit the phone and offer a resistant and breathtaking high fashion alternative !
The durability of the Fairphone 4 will be preserved from external aggressions, drops and shocks.

We provide the know-how of excellence of its craftsmen, to allow each user to create his ideal protection among :

• 4 designs: back cover, wallet cover, vertical flap cover, horizontal flap cover.
  • 14 different leather finishes: smooth leather, grained leather, nubuck leather, Saffiano leather, special leather…
  • 100 different colors: red, yellow, pink, patina…
  • 10 exclusive personalization options: text or photo printing, shoulder strap, neck strap, card holder, easel…

:point_right: https://www.noreve.com/en/1631-4

i 've bought one of them and i am sort od rather disappointed as literally just protects the back and the sides.
there is no real protection for the diplay. even the frame is partcially visable with the bumper fitted.
they state themselves on the site:

" * Base protection – This mobile phone case is made of soft TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane), provides only a base protection against dirt, bumps and scratches for your mobile phone.

• Not for mobile phone geeks: this mobile phone case only provides a base protection for your mobile phone. For Handy Geeks, we recommend you buy an original mobile phone case."

and the reviews unfortunatly support my opinion.

oh btw apart from the fact, that it is to small, due to sharp edges, its rather unpleasent to use the fingerprint monitor

2 Likes

I just had a new case for my FP3 and used sandpaper on the edges, in only took a light touch to get rid of the sharp edges than my finger would catch on.

oh and I’ve tried this one:

but that one keeps on sliding off the corners. which happens all the time when one tries to pull it out off the jacket, that is if one manages to get it into the pocket, as the material tends to slightly stick to anything ^^

has anybody got pictures of the red orginal bumper.

from what I read in the www, it tends to be more pink than (pale)red ^^

My understanding is that all the covers made of recycled plastics are tainted grey as that is the base colour of the recycled plastic, so lightish dull red etc.

going by the reviews and the partcially included pictures, it seems to be nowhere near red, but pink.

and unfortunatly there is no color I detest more than pink :smiley:

it doesn’t matter whether i am poc or not, my skin doesn’t look anything like the pictures in the reviews :laughing:
which were the reason why i asked, whether anybody has got the red bumper in real life :wink:

4 Likes

Here are some images by users/sellers

Confirms my assumption that currently only the original Fairphone soft case or the biodegradable hard case from Biowaves is qualitatively recommendable.

No other product has convinced me so far. And both are much more cheaper than the noreve ones.

the biowaves case seems to have problems concerning the stability, quite a few people reported, that their cases broke, for different resaons.
one of them being, that the mobile fell down.

a news case with every drop, doesn’t seem all the substainable to me :see_no_evil:

I bought this one from Amazon (shipped from China) and I have been using it for a week.

It is thin and fits perfectly the FP4 and seems to work well. The feeling at the touch is conferrable and not slippy. The screen is not well protected, not enough “clearance” , but better than nothing.

Hi Scott,

I will be selling the vegan flip-cases with the inner protective case form Fairphone starting the end of January 2023.
All my cases are made in my own studio in Nijmegen, from start to end (except for the protective case, which is made by fairphone.)

Happy 2023 :slight_smile:

Anna Treurniet

9 Likes