Fairphone 4 5G hype train, all aboard! 🚄

Hi all,
I fully expect this will get merged into @urs_lesse’s novelties thread but I just wanted to shout from the rooftops
Fairphone 4 5G is coming!!! :smiley:

I hope it supports USA frequencies but nothing appears on FCC yet.

When can I preorder?

Cheers :slight_smile:

Honestly, I’m not that interested unless there is support for upgrading the FP3 somehow. I don’t want to throw away my well-working phone, seems to go against the Fairphone ethos kinda :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Hi,

I don’t think you’ll have to throw away your FP3 if you don’t want to, it’s not mandatory to get a FP4 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There are many people who now won’t buy a FP3. I didn’t when the FP3 because my current phone was fine at the time (still is, TBH) and despite being two years older was still better specced than the FP3. Honestly if it died now I would probably think twice about a FP3 for two reasons 1) I have a near-term need for US frequencies and 2) I’d buy something more capable secondhand. But that’s me, everyone else has their own reasons.

I’m very excited to see if the FP4 will be higher specced than my current phone. I don’t think it will be - screen probably not, camera maybe - but everything else will probably be enough that I can get one, if it supports US frequencies.

Cheers :slight_smile:

Please continue discussion in this topic: