My FP3+ turned off unexpectedly and it is now impossible to turn it back on. The light doesn’t turn on when plugged. It might have had a shock since it turned off while I was snowboarding.
The power button is a bit soft and doesn’t click as neatly as the volume button. No light when plugged in.
What I tried so far:
- I dismantled the phone and played with the power button. I managed to turn it on a couple of times by pressing the power button strongly while holding firmly the battery and the rest of the phone. But since then, I can’t turn it on again.
- I removed the button itself and tried to turn the phone on by pressing the metal plate behind the button with a screwdriver. I could hear the click, but had no reaction from the phone.
- I tried all the possible button combinations + plugging it on.
- I put it on charge but the light doesn’t turn on.
- I tested the same procedure with another battery.
So I doubt the problem could only come from the power button since the light doesn’t turn on when on charge. Since I still managed to turn it on a couple of times while holding it all firmly, I’m thinking it could be a connection problem.
Does anyone know if there is a module I could try replacing (bottom module, maybe?) for this kind of problem?
Or is there anything else I could try?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help.