Fairphone 3 - shipping to Canada

@bryanluu I just got mine in my hand!
It works great with Freedom, which is the worst provider to have in Westcoast of Canada.

For the Fairphone 2 this is rather well known: there is no 4G service in the USA, but AT&T 3G and T-Mobile 2G/3G networks are supported. The FP3 supports a few more bands than the FP2, so it can only get better. I think other forum users from the USA would like to hear about your experience once you get the phone.

This is not really related to Canada however, Canada has some usable 4G networks. It is better to move this discussion to a different place if you need any more info on the USA.

2 Likes

@May_Malek, my Fairphone has arrived! I’m waiting until Xmas before I open it, but for planning’s sake, how are you approaching protecting the screen? Are there custom screen protectors out there compatible for the fairphone?

Yes, there are …

1 Like

But you know, that you loose the chance to return it, if you don’t like it.
You at least should open it to check, if everything is alright.
Not, that I have any realy concerns or something to suspect.
It’s just a general caution, that I would apply here as well as everywhere else.

2 Likes

@bryanluu, I totally agree with Bert, I would open it to make sure battery and everything else is intact and works properly.
I got one from Vireo when I ordered it, but I also ordered the TPU one from Amazon, it takes 3-4 weeks to get shipped, but it’s a a cheap and easy option, rather than a custom made one.

2 Likes

Thanks @BertG and @May_Malek, I’ll open it to make sure everything is there and intact. I’ll look for screen protectors on Amazon. Cheers!

1 Like

In case anyone else checks this out before ordering - I confirmed with Vireo that their shipping was indeed 90EUR rather than the 30 their site shows. However, I just ordered from Clove in the UK (which just seems to have been added to the list; it wasn’t there last time I looked), and it only charged me ~20GBP. Will see if they contact me to say “oh hey, it’s actually more”, but…:slight_smile:

1 Like

As an update - Clove’s shipping cost was as advertised, and it got to me in Canada from the UK in 3 days! Duties/taxes were about $45CAD, for reference of anyone else looking to get one shipped here. Anyway, at the end of the day, Clove ended up being about $50 CAD less than Vireo, taking shipping, exchange, etc… into account. It came very quickly and they were very good and easy to deal with.

2 Likes

Hey, So does your phone work? any problems? I am also in Canada

Oh my, I’m sorry for the super late reply! Everything was smooth and dandy, although since I upgraded to Android 10 there have been a few bugs (which I can talk about in a separate post). Either way, I think that’s not related to the localization or being in Canada.

2 Likes

It looks like the easiest way is to just order on amazon . co . uk and they will ship to Canada for £14.96 with potential import fees

Link to order: tinyurl.com/z8hbcjvz

2 Likes

Thanks to all of you! I live in Vancouver BC, and my F2 bit the dust half a year ago (2 years after I moved back here from the UK). I’ve been using an old iPhone6, since then, totally disenchanted by the lack of ethical options in the “wild west” of North America. It had started acting up, and today the iPhone 6 hit the ground and broke. I went straight to this page, reviewed your experiences above, and placed the order with Clove. Bish bash bosh, F3+ on its way!! Xoxoxo

3 Likes

hi bryan,
for the US phones need to have FCC and other certifications. in europe phones need the CE certification. even if the phone works in your networks the carriers sometime will stop supporting your device, if it is not certified for operation for the specific country. so it is not a problem to use it during travels in that country, but if you want to use it for long time there i a risk that operation will stop after some time.

canada most of the time is not so strict (they also have a different certification type than the US), so the chances that you will be able to use it for long time are way better. i would be interested to know how your experiences are :-). hope everything works fine! all the best!

1 Like

I think for the Canada (and US) area a Teracube 2e might currently also be an interesting alternative as the ideas of it seem partly similar to the ones of Fairphone and the device has been made for this market.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I am in Canada and I have an FP3+ that I want to sell. It is like new, used only for few hours. Original box and everything is still there. I also have a protective case for it.

I am in Montreal, but we can arrange shipping anywhere in Canada.

If anyone interested, Redirecting...

The link says the item isn’t available?

2 Likes

Just reactivated it, should be available again soon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.