Dear Fairphone community,
since yesterday I have some issues with my Fairphone3 which is suddenly not starting anymore. The evening before it still worked without any problems. A friend unfortunately dropped it to the ground, but I think it was not a too hard landing and the phone worked without any issues afterwards until it turned off a few hours later because of a low battery.
Now when I want to start the phone the following happens:
- I press the ON/OFF button until the phone vibrates
- The display stays black (it looks as if nothing happens)
- No LED is blinking
- Now there is two possible scenarios which happen
- A. In most of the cases the display stays dark and nothing happens.
- B. In some very rare case the display after some time (~2 minutes) suddently shows something. Until now I have seen either
- A. A login prompt to enter the PIN or
- B. The “boot” screen / the Fairphone logo and then after some time the login prompt.
In both cases if the displays is showing something it seems to not react on any touching. If I click the volume buttons I see how the volume-level is adjusted, but besides this the phone does not react on anything. I also tried to remove sd-card and sim card. But both did not changed anything.
Now I would like to understand what’s the problem with the phone.
But I don’t have any clue how to start. Is there any way to find out if any of the modules is broken? Should I disassemble everything clean the contacts and assemble it again? Can anyone maybe give me some guidance?