Fairphone 3 just died over night

How do I know it’s full? There’s no light indicating that the phone is doing anything.

How long is the battery loading now?

do you have another usb-c cable and usb power adapter to try?

I have the same problem since this morning with my FP3! The battery was low, I turned it off and charged it. Since then it doesn’t react anymore. If I plug it in the LED turns green though.

I tried different ones, yes.

About an hour now, no led light on.

It’s wishful thinking of me. It could that the led is faulty.
Give it another hour and then try to boot the phone.

1 Like

Ok. “Boot” means pressing the power button? Or something special?

Just pressing the power button to start (boot) the phone.

1 Like

I just managed to get my phone to turn on finally. I removed the battery and plugged the phone for about half an hour. When I put the battery back in it turned on and I had a message that my battery was full.

4 Likes

That’s good. I’m happy for you!

Unfortunately, nothing. It stays dead :frowning:

I can only hope that there is a #fairphoneangels in your neighborhood with a Fairphone 3.
So that you can test if it is the battery or the phone that does not work.

Get in contact with support of Fairphone or your reseller.

1 Like

I already was in contact with a Fairphone angel. He didn’t have any clue. I put someone else’s battery in my phone which didn’t change anything. I contacted Fairphone support, I got the phone directly from fairphone.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Is there any experience how my chances are to recover the photos on my phone? :cry:

I gave up on the phone, but I’m so anxious for the photos…

If somebody else’s battery didn’t made your phone working, then it’s your phone that is faulty.
Did you try to charge your battery in somebody else’s phone?

Do you have a google account on your phone?
If so, then it’s possible that your pictures were backed up in your google account.

This advice has just revived my FP2 which has been dead since January. Thank you! I have since bought an FP3 and left the old one on my shelf.

Why haven’t I tried „this“ before? Because it never occurred to me to use the procedure under the heading FP1, since there is a different procedure described for the FP2.

Connecting the phone to the charger without battery first is what did the trick for me.

So, while I’m glad the old phone is now working again and I could salvage the remainder of my data that I hadn’t yet restored:

The #dic:kickstart should definitely be updated!

It’s a Wiki.
Feel free to add your information or rearrange the whole post to make it better.

Thanks, I hadn’t noticed. I have now amended that article. I realize that there are about 3746 (rough estimate) explanations on what to do with a drained battery. Someone with a better overview over the community, forum and wiki than me might want to take a look at this and try to reconcile or fully cross-link them, but by now, this is very off-topic for this thread.

1 Like

A defective Power Mangament IC on the mainboard might be the cause.

In this post a repair is explained: Fairphone 3+ is dead, will not turn on - #7 by sarofel