🇬🇧 🇩🇪 Fairphone 2 with Android 9 - no Mobile Data connectivity

Es geht doch um keinen Wechsel zu O2, sondern um die Art und Weise, wie man die Einstellungen ändern kann, wenn man diese Meldung bekommt.

2 Likes

Als ich die Daten vor ein paar Jahren mal brauchte hatte Drillisch sogar eine Schrittweise Anleitung fürs FP1 und ich könnte mir vorstellen, dass es das mittlerweile auch fürs FP2 gibt, also der Kontakt zum SIM Provider könnte helfen, wenn die Links oben nicht weiterhelfen

Herzlichen Dank für die Hinweise, ich schätze das sehr! Bei O2 finde ich keine Konfiguation für Fairphone2, aber das würde wohl auch nicht wirklich weiterhelfen, da ich ja die APN-Konfiguration gar nicht ändern kann. Ich werde heute oder morgen bei einem UPC-Shop vorbeigehen und hoffe, dass ein Wechsel der SIM-Karte das Problem löst. Ich werde hier wieder berichten.

Hast Du denn die Lösung aus der verlinkten Diskussion ausprobiert? Was ist dabei passiert?

2 Likes

Ja, ich habe mit dem ±Zeichen eine neue Verbindung mit den richtigen Angaben erstellt - aber leider konnte ich sie dann nicht speichern, hat also nicht funktioniert. Aber vielleicht habe ich einfach etwas verbockt, ich versuche das gleich nochmals.

Hurra!!! Ich hatte wohl tatsächlich auf den falschen Knopf gedrückt. Nun konnte ich mit dem ±Zeichen bei der APN-Konfiguration eine neue Konfiguration mit den richtigen Angaben erstellen und abspeichern. Und nun habe ich tatsächlich wieder die Mobile Daten-Verbindung. Tausend Dank, das war wirklich hilfreich, auch das Insistieren, Herzlichen Dank euch beiden, Incanus und Yvonne

4 Likes

I would like to add that after changing the APN to the correct one, it still did not connect. One final system restart solved it in my case.

2 Likes

I have the same problem (no mobile data after Android 9 update). Can someone guide me as to the correct route to fix this? I couldn’t follow a lot of the thread above as I don’t speak German.

You need to ask your provider for the APN settings, or probably you can find on their web page. Then go to settings - network- mobile network-more/extended-check/change the settings as per provider

1 Like

Thanks but I don’t appear to have the options you describe. I can go to Settings - Network & Internet - Mobile network - Advanced - Access point names, and then there are radio buttons for Vodafone UK and Vodafone UK Prepay. Vodafone UK Prepay is currently selected.

Can anyone assist?

When you click on the name the “form” opens, you can check/change and save using the 3 dots at the right upper corner

Its German again, but that’s how it looks like

Thank you so much! I can see the form, but it’s greyed out and I can’t edit it.

Maybe you have to delete the existing APNs first as mentioned here:

1 Like

Thanks Volker, I’d like more confidence than “maybe” before I delete things. I don’t want to make things worse by guessing.

I can go to Settings - Network & Internet - Mobile network - Advanced - Access point names, and then there are radio buttons for Vodafone UK and Vodafone UK Prepay. Vodafone UK Prepay is currently selected. If I tap on Vodafone UK Prepay it brings up a form similar to that shown by yvmuell, but it is greyed out and I can’t edit it. if I click on the three dots in the top right corner, I can choose Save or Discard.

I have been told by Vodafone that I should change the Username and Password to Web, but I can’t do that.

Can anyone here assist?

1 Like

So you can def. Not tab on name or passport and an additional window opens to correct the name? Maybe you can just add a new 1, for that you should find a plus sign in the upper right corner?

I’m not sure what you mean by “tab on name or passport” but the forms are greyed out and whilst I can scroll through it, I can not select anything on it. There is no plus sign in the upper right corner, but there are three dots. When I select that I can choose to save or discard.

Actually, the way Yvonne is describing is exactly how I could finally solve this issue. You really should try it with the ±sign. You should find it at the left of the magnifying glass (which again is at the left of the three dots you mention). I also couldn’t edit the existing settings, but adding a new entry with the ±sign did resolve the issue.

1 Like

Thanks. The ±sign is not on my screen.

In that case, I would to Vodafone and ask for a new SIM-card. The reason, why the settings are greyed out is almost certainly due to the fact, that these settings are in a non-editable way fixed by the SIM-card.

It would be disappointing if that is the only solution as that takes days to resolve. It would have been nice to have warning of this before losing this functionality.