Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread

Hi,
My Fairphone was ordered on Feb. 18th and got here (Brussels, Belgium) today!

2 Likes

Mine (ordered on February 6th) came on Monday.

2 Likes

I’ve got it yesterday: it was ordered on February 20th, has been delivered on April 20, and arrived the day after. At last - it looks worthwhile!

2 Likes

Ordered on feb 25th, got a text from DHL today. Tracking number says it’s in Netherlands right now, on its way.

3 Likes

Ordered on 26 February and received my fairphone this morning!
Perfect start of the weekend :wink:

3 Likes

The outlook now is that we will have – for the first time in Fairphone 2
history – stock around the end of May. This means real-time shipping:
you will be able to purchase a phone and have it as fast as the carrier
can get it to your doorstep!

Wow, considering what has went wrong in the last months with predictions and deadlines, it’s quite brave that they are forecasting one month and do make such an announcement. I hope they can honour this pledge. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please reply to the email you received about the voucher code and the support team will get back to you with a solution.

I wonder how difficult it is to order such a complex thing as a smartphone in China. Is it possible that someone from Fairphone clarifies that? Why does it take long to ship the orders: is it that the assembling company needs time to produce and that Fairphone was overrun with orders, or that the assembler wants advance payment, or that the preliminary parts are scarcely available (particularly the ones that are produced “fairly” and “conflict-free”), or that there were problems in production (as the travel of the Fairphone management in China implies)?
That would be very interesting to know!

Depends on what you mean - do you mean the lag between the starting phase (the initial crowdfunding stage when the starting capital was raised) and initial production, or do you mean the delays during the production process?
A lot of the bumps in the road during the production phase itself are explained in the official blog post on delivery (warning: bit of a long read).

Thank you Johannes for this link. I meant the delay between order, when the product “should” be available, and delivery. Maybe what I am curious at is explained in that blog post, which I hadn’t seen yet. If the article explains what I mean, it has to be long :slight_smile:

Most of what you are asking for is answered in the blog, so there it is already clarified by FP and has been so for some time. And yes, there is much to read, because there are many different reasons and a project like this is difficult.

1 Like

Yes, true. Now I understand things a bit better: the Chinese New Year, the workers that need to be trained and the fact that assembling a modular phone needs different optimization than a regular, non-modular phone. Anyway I appreciate that Fairphone.com cares about the conditions of the workers avoiding temporary workers if possible and that they also put some weight on the quality check at the end.

4 Likes

Ordered on 1st March and shipment in process from Netherlands to France! :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ve got it !:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Have all vouchers been sent yet, or are they sent one by one? Because I haven’t received mine.

All vouchers have been sent. If you’ve got a question about it, write the support team at www.fairphone.com/asksupport.

2 Likes

So it’s arrived! Ordered 04/03 and arrived this morning. Looks and feels great! But the screen keeps going completely unresponsive. Had one phone call which I couldn’t answer because I couldn’t swipe and I can’t unlock it most of the time. Sometimes it works fine though. Also bottom left of the screen has a box saying ‘safe mode’ which doesn’t react to anything. Does anyone know anything about this? If it’s already broken I’m going to be gutted😩

Make sure your phone is fully charged.
Then reboot your phone. There should be no box saying ‘safe mode’.

Yup. Charged it up and made sure the screen was sitting right and now it’s working fine. So far I’m very happy with my new phone!

1 Like

I really need some reply here, Please.
I ordered my phone in March as it said on the Homepage that I will get it delivered in April.
A friend told me about this blog and that I will not get my phone in April.
My Problem is - and I already sended a request and waiting for feedback for 5 days -
I will keep changing countries and locations in May, and cant tell right know where I will be when.
Please contact me someone and help me here!
If I dont get it by Thursday (or at least get a feedback from Fairphone with a solution on how to handle this by Thurdsday) that will end up in a huge mess.