Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread

I got the mail too. I’m pretty happy with the decision to ship the phones with the blue translucent cover for two reasons:

1. It won’t be delayed again.
  2. In future I’ll have a choice of two colors!
2 Likes

I didn’t get the mail, so I hope I will get my blue back cover.

I believe only black covers (matt & translucent) are out of stock and people who ordered those will get them for free later.

1 Like

This issue affected owners who chose a black matte or transparent back cover. These owners received an email this morning.

@danielsjohan, this is different than what you say “only blue translucent covers are still available.”

This is indeed different. But that information was not in the mail. In the mail, I read

Unfortunately, our planning was not taken into account, resulting in too many of one color and not enough of the others.

and

Therefore, regardless of what color you originally ordered, your phone will arrive with a blue translucent back cover.

So thanks for this additional information!

1 Like

I have retrieved my order number, it is 200045677. Placed on 29/9/2015 around 1pm. Phone received on 08/02/2016.

2 Likes

Hmm. I ordered and paid for my phone on October 2nd. So far I got neither a phone (which may be ok), nor a notification mail (which is slightly worrying) nor the above-mentioned information about the back covers - and I have ordered a transparent cover. This is not looking good…

Oh, and by the way, we’re still waiting for the explanation of the notification mail difficulties. This was promised by @anon90052001 on the blog on February 3rd…

1 Like

No notification mail, no doorbel ring but a package below the stairs. It could have been an expensive experience for the postman.

1 Like

Just got an email that my Fairphone is on its way. Bought and paid for Nov 15, delivery number 3000296XX. Yet another thing to look forward to for the weekend :smiley:

1 Like

Mine is also on the Way from Netherlands to France. Cde paid on Nov. 10th with delivery number 7000009XX.
I will monitor my mailbox all next week end :rotating_light:

1 Like

Got my notification email yesterday around midnight.
Order number as mentioned above 3000292XX (i.e. the order numbers are not ordered), ordered late october.
And now finger crossed that at least my postman knows how to use a doorbell.

1 Like

Hi @Yukeli,

Our ops team is looking into the notification email issue. You can see there are cases here on the thread where people receive the notification email, and still some cases where they did not receive an email. The issue is not yet 100% fixed. We’ll let you know if there is a change in status going forward.

My fairphone is on its way!! :slight_smile: paid on 10th of December, order number: 2000518xx!

2 Likes

Guys please post your delivery numbers, not the order numbers!

There are no delivery numbers for people who have paid after the crowdfunding period. :wink:

2 Likes

orly? I missed that info.

Well in that case: Keep all your numbers to yourselves. Order numbers don’t mean anything.

Mine is on its way too ! :grinning:

As invoice and order numbers (# 7000013** for Order # 7000021**) do not seem to be significant, i just indicate that payment was validate on 12/16/2016. So it seems to arrive earlier than announced in the last blog post update. Perhaps linked to cover availability as i order a blue translucent one.

For the problems of notification mail, i received the mail this morning near 8am as shipment was processed yesterday 8pm. Delivery planned for Tuesday… (edit : delivered this monday morning)

I suspect that order and invoice numbers vary according to country delivery ( first number “7” for France for me ?).

3 Likes

Since my payment was validated at the end of october, I presume my phone is also on it’s way. But no notification email yet, and the shop status is still “preparing batch”. Exiting! :sweat_smile:

Hello everyone :slight_smile:
I’m glad that I found this thread and I it’s unbelievable just how much I’m looking forward to test the new fairphone. :slight_smile: What worries me is that I ordered my phone with the black matte back cover at the end of september and still haven’t received any mail - neither the track&trace number nor the message concerning the issue with the black matte cover.

Have a nice day and enjoy your life since it might be miraculous even without having the fairphone yet! :wink: