Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread

In the email I got my receipt with, above the addresses, there is a number (in a German mail it is “Liefernummer”, so I guess in English its delivery no., but nor sure how it was called in English). This no. should be less then 17500 (as this was the amount of preordered phones to my knowledge), and this no. refers to the order in which the phones are shipped.

Some information for people waiting “patiently” as I do:
I got the notification that my fp2 has been sent (deliverynumber 68xx) with blue translucent back cover

Well, I just saw you order date. If you ordered your phone in November it was after the kickstarting campaign, so I am not sure if you also got a delivery number.
However, Since there were over 15.000 phones sold till end of September, yours must be higher than 15.000 then. So I guess you still will have to wait.

3 Likes

Fair enough. However, I’m still trying to understand (as it was mentioned) if someone ordered in early January, they’d be able to get their phone at the end of Jan., if not early Feb. I suspect that, if that’s of any indicator, early November orders should be nearly delivered by now.

In my PDF invoice, above the addresses, I only have the invoice and order number :slight_smile:

Thanks. Looking forward to some tangible information :wink:

@csarven: Well, at the moment they’re still delivering all the phones that were ordered between July and the end of September during the pre-order period. I suspect anyone who ordered after September will probably have to wait till February, though production and delivery rates were slowest till now and should still be increasing a bit (at least for delivery, production may have stabilized by now, I’m not sure). This still means that you’ll likely have to wait until February, but it will be easier to tell in the future when your phone should arrive, once those rates are at their maximum and stable.

@Friek: I have delivery number 14,9XX and it still says delivery expected in January, but my status has also been “prepare batch” for a while now (probably a week to ten days).

Sorry to say but the status “prepare batch” will not give you any clue when your phone is to be delivered.

Thanks for the information. Does it mean that the “Order status: Pre-ordered” in my account doesn’t reflect the pre-order that you speak of which has to do with July-September?

The only documented information for “pre-ordered” status is here: https://fairphone.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202595108-How-can-I-check-the-status-of-my-order- :

Pre-ordered status means you have succesfully ordered (and thus successfully paid for) a Fairphone 2. Once your Fairphone 2 arrives from China, we add this to your order and ship it to you.

That’s correct. I guess it’s a little confusing…what I meant was the crowdfunding-period-orders (July through end of September, at least 15,000 had to be sold to go ahead with production as planned, in the end about 17,500 were sold till the end of September).

Your order status means pretty much what it says in the document you found: you have placed an order and your payment has arrived, so you’re on the list to get a Fairphone once everyone who ordered before you has received theirs.

If you go to the Fairphone homepage (fairphone.com), you see a counter in the top right corner that shows how many phones have been delivered so far. Without a delivery number, you obviously won’t know EXACTLY when yours will arrive, but as others have pointed out, at least 17,500 were sold during the crowdfunding phase and I think some time in October the 20,000-mark was reached as well. That should give you some sort of sense of when yours might arrive. The counter is currently at 6677 and gets updated every weekday-morning.

4 Likes

@csarven, as far as I understand, nobody who ordered after the kickstarter did receive a delivery number. This issue has been raised a few times before, but I don’t think anyone ever refuted it. I’m in the same situation, no idea when to expect my phone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. I guess the information that I’ve gathered about January orders (as I’ve mentioned here Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread ) started to blur things / expectation as to when my / November orders will be delivered.

Same with me - I ordered on Dec 1st, when the shop site said "delivery in Jan 2016”. And I already sold my old phone… :wink:

I don’t see my delivery number. I can only see invoice number and order number.
:frowning:
It is because it is preorder (two weeks ago)? Does it mean I’ll receive my phone when a nokia 1100 finally die?

Just see my post 3 posts up :wink: [quote=“danielsjohan, post:480, topic:11149”]
as far as I understand, nobody who ordered after the kickstarter did receive a delivery number. This issue has been raised a few times before, but I don’t think anyone ever refuted it. I’m in the same situation, no idea when to expect my phone :smile:
[/quote]

I got that confirmed by the support btw !

1 Like

I have received a response from @borjan . I’ll quote the bit which addresses my question and might be of use to everyone else:

Paid orders made during the crowdfunding period from July-September should have their phone shipped to them over the next three weeks in January.

Paid orders made from October to January are now scheduled to ship in February on a rolling basis.

Since this is still an estimate, we will continue to give updates three times a week on our blog, as well as send a newsletter if anything changes in our planning.

See also @emmy 's replies Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread - #476 by emmy and Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread - #479 by emmy

1 Like

Delivery (start only) of phone #7368 reported
… by FP shiptment depart. Ordered on 6.8.2015

just for benchmark and state-of-delivery
Of course it is translucent blue

2 Likes

Cool. So the delivery speed is really increasing :smile:

If you have changed the delivery address between the order and shipping date i would contact the delivery Partner very soon. Because they will get the delivery address that you wrote when you ordered your phone even if you have changed the delivery address in your account.