Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread

None, it seems:

Ich wollte eher damit sagen: “Ich bin mal gespannt, welche Rückschale mein Fairphone 2 am meisten tragen wird”.

:de: Achso, du bist gespannt, welches Cover du am häufigsten drauftun wirst… Sorry für das Missverständnis! :blush:

:gb: Oh, you are curious, which cover will be the one you will put on the phone the most.

1 Like

Yes, the forum is a wonderful place for German :de: speakers to practice their :gb: English. And for learning new words. Sometimes www.linguee.de helps, but sometimes not. It is not so good in explaining typing errors like “descently”. :laughing:

2 Likes

Exactly, English teachers in German speaking countries should send their students to the Fairphone Forum!!! :blue_heart:

3 Likes

@Stefan I have added extra information to the quoted part. There IS a back cover delivered with the phone but it’s not put on it yet. That’s something you will have to do yourself.

@Douwe
How much trouble would it be to extend the delivery counter to see how many phones with which covers have been delivered? That makes it easier to guess when the various colors will be shipped.

After hitting the refresh button on the fairphone homepage at least every 15 minutes hoping for an update, my fairphone just arrived. well about 10 minutes ago, this is how long it took me to stop hyperventilating. I seriously did not expect it as my delivery number was 53xx. Black translucent back cover/no notification online.

I am sooo pleased. Now, let’s see how productive this afternoon is going to be.

2 Likes

@discosu congratulations! you made me smile because I am hitting the refresh button myself! In which country are you? I am still waiting for mine, number 31XX with black mate cover. I am wondering if I am just living too far away! Enjoy!

1 Like

I am in Vienna. I really did not expect it at all. Anyway, fingers crossed you’ll get yours soon as well.

2 Likes

I’m also waiting for both of my fairphones. Order No. 32xx. Is it possible that this delays is caused because i changed the back cover on blue matte? i Couldn’t choose the Color for both devices and then i was told that one will come in black matte and one in blue matte. Still nothing, no Tracking number no mail no nothing. The Counter stands still since a week or so…:frowning: I’m in Zurich.

1 Like

I feel you! I read that some other got their phones without previous news from DHL, so I am hopping it will arrive soon, and yours too, fingers crossed!

1 Like

Thank you! At least i still have some champagne of the new year Party:) So I can Party when it arrives just like FP (without the delivery issues, just a joke) deserves.

2 Likes

@anon90052001 + @Douwe: I have a decent question due to different delivery time of different color covers :
If somebody would ask me, “Hey, if I would buy a Fairphone next month how long does Fairphone company takes time to deliver to where I am ?”

should I answer
a) it depends on the color of cover that you order
b) I really don’t have a clue how much time FP takes next month
c) you really should think about twice a time to wait for your phone
d) I really don’t have a clue anyway

what can you recommend me to be fair about Fairphone ?

regards

1 Like

I would exclude option a) according to the information we got so far. As the last update of the blog post mentioned, by the end of the week all back cover colours should be in stock.
And: b) = d) I think :wink:

Hi all,

Today’s production/delivery news is updated on the blog.

Updated: Monday 4 January

As of last week, there were 4,800 phones either shipped out to Fairphone 2 owners or being packed at the distribution center. Since our counter is currently at *2,335 (not including today’s deliveries), then that leaves about *2,500 phones to ship to owners in the coming days.

The next shipments out of China include 2,000 phones currently in transit from China to our distribution center, and one batch of 2,400 phones preparing to fly out of China. In one week’s time, there should be a grand total of 9,200 phones being shipped out to owners or packed in our distribution center.

Additionally, all back covers, including blue matte and blue translucent, will begin shipment to owners by the end of this week.
*Updated on 4 January 18:20, typo in counter number.

The operations team investigated the issue where some Fairphone 2 owners were not receiving a notification email with track/trace code. We found this to be true for some owners, as there was an error in the webshop. This issue should now be fixed and Fairphone 2 owners who did not receive an email previously should soon be receiving emails retroactively.

Apologies that it’s taken us some time to give an explanation of the back cover delay. Here’s information I’ve gathered from our product/ops team:

Designs of the colored back covers were still being tweaked and finalized before production up to the first week of December.

The production of cases happens with one tooling machine that can only make one color case at a time. After each color case, the machine has to be cleaned and reset to make other color cases.

Because of this long lead time, and the final design of the cover being pushed back, there was not enough time to safely make enough cases to accommodate for first-come, first-served delivery. We’re very sorry if this has caused a delay in you receiving your order. By the end of this week, all back covers including blue matte and blue translucent should be shipping out of the distribution center, so the first-come, first-served policy should be working effectively by the end of this week.

It would be quite some work :smile: . And the back cover/first-come, first-served policy should be accurate at the end of this week.

You would answer e) If ordering now, the choice of the back cover color does not affect delivery time.

If someone buys a Fairphone 2 now, then it should be delivered by the end of January. All back covers will be in stock at the distribution center by the end of this week. By the time your friend’s order is ready to ship towards the end of the month, the choice of color should not matter in the delivery time.

Cheers,
Joe

6 Likes

Your delivery counter stands at 2335, not 3335.

1 Like

Thanks for the update, although my numbers do not add, I’ve got number 31XX black mate cover and still no news. Is there any way to know whether it has been shipped? This is not a real complain, just would be nice to stop checking email and web compulsively!
thanks!

I now see the correction to 2,335, so, how many were shipped today?

Couriers pick up packages at the end of the day, so we will only add today’s number of shipped phones on the counter tomorrow morning.

1 Like