Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread

You’ll have to find the delivery number in the email you received after ordering your phone.

ok, Paul was quicker. Here is what I wrote in between:

I can only tell you that order and delivery numbers are different. And the delivery number is unfortunately not shown in the FP shop, I got it in my invoice mail after my payment arrived at FP but it seems that they stopped communicating this number after the crowdfunding phase.
I do not know how they are related but my order number was the 20002862x with delivery number 2779. But as @tphysm pointed out earlier, it may be that one order corresponds to more than one phone…

Hope this helps a bit even though I really can’t tell you if you can expect your phone in February or not…

thanks for your help so far but

after ordering I got two mails:

• Fairphone: New Order # 2000541##
  • Fairphone: Receipt # 2000402## for Order # 2000541##

None of them contained a delivery Number
If have an invoice Number, an order Number and a Produkt Number thats all

I had a look in my Junk-Email-Folder - Nothing fairphone-related there.

How can I get Information about my delivery Number?

Greeting Toking

Just wait… your phone WILL arrive… as soon as possible… Patience as I think that the fairphone team is doing everything in their power to get phones to people as soon as possible… :wink:

More than that there’s nothing more you can do right now…

2 Likes

Since you didn’t order during the crowdfunding, you don’t get a delivery number. I’ve no idea why, but it has been officially stated by FP they didn’t send delivery numbers to people who pre-ordered after the crowdfunding…

1 Like

This is not true for all resellers (See list of FP2 resellers). Faircustomer, for example, aren’t a mobile provider and thus don’t include a data plan. They include 5 years of charging with renewable energy.

2 Likes

Hi,
Just to let you know, I got my phone #99xx this morning.
So far so good :slightly_smiling:

4 Likes

Hey,
just to let you know. I got an e-mail with the tracking id. My fairphone left the distribution center on friday (yeah). But since the counter was at 11914 at the end of the day I guess that the delivery number is not at all corresponding with the counter…

2 Likes

No, unfortunately the delivery number is not corresponding with the counter. :wink: The counter is the number of phones that are actually shipped. So, e.g. you ordered 2 or 3 phones (or even more as a reseller) at the same time you still got only one delivery number. That’s why the counter seems much more ahead of the delivery numbers. I got delivery number 11xxx and probably still need to wait another couple of days. sigh :wink:

3 Likes

Fairphone with order number 10286 savely arrived at switzerland today eventho i diden’t got an e-mail.

5 Likes

Hello,

I ordered my Fairphone 2 in September, ordnernumber 11,739.
13,200 Fairphones are shipped, but I got neither the phone nor the e-mail that it’s on the way.

When I will get it?

Micha

1 Like

This forum is intended for Fairphone users to discuss with each other. Not for official Fairphone Team responses.
So you will not get an offical answer.
All I can say is, have a look at the at this blog. I hope that there will be an update this evening or else tomorrow.

We had this discussion lately in the Forum too, e.g. here: Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread. The counter does not correspond with the delivery numbers, it only tells you how many phones were shipped so far. But if you ordered more than one phone at the same time you still get only one delivery number, so there might be a difference between those two numbers. I got delivery number 11,0xx and am still waiting. We just need to be a bit more patient. Our new phones will probably arrive soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got 10.055 and recieved it today. Hang on.

3 Likes

Hey @anon90052001 I (and I also think many other Users) miss your blog update from yesterday. Maybe you can also explain the different between the counter and the delivery number and why they are not the same in the next update. Thanks. The news about the new gold producing chain is great. Which produced phone is the first with the new fair gold? :relaxed:

2 Likes

are no news good news?

Seriously? When hundred of people are waiting their phone since november?

Not to give news when it is announced and expected by many people, it’s not very fair and respectful.

They said all september’s backers will receive their phone before the end of january but it will probably be not possible. And they not communicate.

It is a bit dissapointing.

The latest news was that they will send before. But jeah, even that is not very likely…

You’re right. And @anon90052001 wrote also he will update the blog three times a week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday…

Sorry everyone that I missed the update yesterday. It was my 20th update (:tada:) since I first started posting on 10 December but now I’ve published it.

Here’s the blog update.

Updated: Thursday 28 January

All Fairphone 2 owners will be receiving a newsletter soon with a more detailed delivery outlook. The current planning is that all phones purchased during the crowdfunding period from July to September have either 1) been shipped to owners, or 2) will be shipped in the next week. There is a small number of owners who purchased during the end of our crowdfunding period who will not have their phones shipped to them until the first week of February, and we’re sorry for missing our January projection.

For owners who paid for their orders from October to January, we have inventory scheduled to ship your phones on a rolling basis throughout the weeks of February. More details to come in our newsletter to owners.

Regarding the difference in counter number and delivery number, our forum member @Juli_R has it right: the delivery number corresponds to a single order no matter the number of phones in that order. Thus, very large orders made at the end of September for resellers have made the counter number in the last week unreliable to compare to your delivery number. This discrepancy was not immediately clear to the communications team, or else we would have alerted the community earlier. We’re sorry for the confusion.

We are working to give a better delivery outlook in an owners’ newsletter, so owners do not need to refer to the counter to give insight into when they will receive their phone. Thanks for your patience!

8 Likes