Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread

Someone with delivery number #6xxx received his Fairphone at December 31st while the Fairphone counter is still at 2335.

(Why is the counter at 2335 while #6xxx is delivered? Is blue so popular? Or are there much more phones shipped than the counter says? Or do they only have black translucent covers anymore while the black matte and the transparent covers went out?)

So the (black matte, black translucent, transparent) Fairphones with delivery numbers ≤ 6000 seems to be packed and shipped. My Fairphone 2 #3773 probably lies in a DHL warehouse. I hope it is not scared because it is alone and it can sleep well.

I have chosen the black matte cover but I have also ordered a blue translucent additional back cover. I am curious which back cover my Fairphone 2 will wear mostly.

is blue so popular?

In the Vote from Fairphone, which results in don’t find atm, the black cover was the most wanted and blue transparency the second.

So why the back cover are not produced in the order of this voting results ?

I have also ordered a blue translucent additional back cover. I am curious which back cover my Fairphone 2 will wear mostly.

This is very clever, now it is too late for this idea.

so I’m waiting… waiting… :smile:

I think that person who received their phone on the 31st might have confused their order number with the delivery number. I ordered a black translucent cover and have not received the phone yet (delivery# 5xxx).

I still hope descently how Fairphone don’t want us … to get “the blues” (with the blue ones) :worried:
(ordered translucent blue which might be the last ones in january :-? just remember the bible: the first ones get to be the last and the last ones … first to get the blues ?

Hey!

I think I’m about 1100 in the order schedule, Translucent Black. My order still says “Prepare Batch” and has done for a week or two now. Anyone else in a similar position?

None, it seems:

Ich wollte eher damit sagen: “Ich bin mal gespannt, welche Rückschale mein Fairphone 2 am meisten tragen wird”.

:de: Achso, du bist gespannt, welches Cover du am häufigsten drauftun wirst… Sorry für das Missverständnis! :blush:

:gb: Oh, you are curious, which cover will be the one you will put on the phone the most.

1 Like

Yes, the forum is a wonderful place for German :de: speakers to practice their :gb: English. And for learning new words. Sometimes www.linguee.de helps, but sometimes not. It is not so good in explaining typing errors like “descently”. :laughing:

2 Likes

Exactly, English teachers in German speaking countries should send their students to the Fairphone Forum!!! :blue_heart:

3 Likes

@Stefan I have added extra information to the quoted part. There IS a back cover delivered with the phone but it’s not put on it yet. That’s something you will have to do yourself.

@Douwe
How much trouble would it be to extend the delivery counter to see how many phones with which covers have been delivered? That makes it easier to guess when the various colors will be shipped.

After hitting the refresh button on the fairphone homepage at least every 15 minutes hoping for an update, my fairphone just arrived. well about 10 minutes ago, this is how long it took me to stop hyperventilating. I seriously did not expect it as my delivery number was 53xx. Black translucent back cover/no notification online.

I am sooo pleased. Now, let’s see how productive this afternoon is going to be.

2 Likes

@discosu congratulations! you made me smile because I am hitting the refresh button myself! In which country are you? I am still waiting for mine, number 31XX with black mate cover. I am wondering if I am just living too far away! Enjoy!

1 Like

I am in Vienna. I really did not expect it at all. Anyway, fingers crossed you’ll get yours soon as well.

2 Likes

I’m also waiting for both of my fairphones. Order No. 32xx. Is it possible that this delays is caused because i changed the back cover on blue matte? i Couldn’t choose the Color for both devices and then i was told that one will come in black matte and one in blue matte. Still nothing, no Tracking number no mail no nothing. The Counter stands still since a week or so…:frowning: I’m in Zurich.

1 Like

I feel you! I read that some other got their phones without previous news from DHL, so I am hopping it will arrive soon, and yours too, fingers crossed!

1 Like

Thank you! At least i still have some champagne of the new year Party:) So I can Party when it arrives just like FP (without the delivery issues, just a joke) deserves.

2 Likes

@anon90052001 + @Douwe: I have a decent question due to different delivery time of different color covers :
If somebody would ask me, “Hey, if I would buy a Fairphone next month how long does Fairphone company takes time to deliver to where I am ?”

should I answer
a) it depends on the color of cover that you order
b) I really don’t have a clue how much time FP takes next month
c) you really should think about twice a time to wait for your phone
d) I really don’t have a clue anyway

what can you recommend me to be fair about Fairphone ?

regards

1 Like

I would exclude option a) according to the information we got so far. As the last update of the blog post mentioned, by the end of the week all back cover colours should be in stock.
And: b) = d) I think :wink: