Fairphone 2 Open OS is available

Thatā€™s really great news. You saved my weekend.
Thank you Fairphone crew,
Iā€™ll have a beer on you!!!

3 Likes

You need to disable signature verification somewhere in TWRP.

3 Likes

Nice. I havenā€™t looked into this, but thank you for all your hard work.

2 Likes

Thanks, now I donā€™t get the error and TWRP says ā€œSuccessā€ but after a reboot there is still no XPosed Installer on my phone. Tried it twice to make sureā€¦

Installing the Xposed framework zip in recovery is the first step, after that you install the Xposed installer apk in Android.

3 Likes

@anon12454812: Nice! Thanks a lot for your great work! :thumbsup:
Some comments/questions on this:

1. Have all the changes been included into the downloadable Gerrit code for compiling? I.e. is this code up to date with (the bug fixes of) the FPOS 1.2.8 version? I donā€™t see much changes in Gerrit code review, but Iā€™m also not that familiar with Gerrit, so I might just have overlooked it ā€¦
    I guess that TWRP and root access are not included in the code, as everyone might add this by themselves if they like to?!

2. Iā€™d be interested in how you incorporated root access?! Have you essentially followed @Max_Sā€™s path of building a boot image including a su binary or did you take a (totally) different approach?

3. Iā€™d really like to see support for Unified Nlp in the FPOSOS as well, and from your description it seems that youā€™re already working on it. Just to play safe: You are aware of @jochenspā€™s patches to make Unified Nlp working, arenā€™t you? :wink:
    By the way,

There are problems acquiring your geo-location on the device

sounds a bit harsh, given the fact that GPS should work flawlessly and quite accurate, I guess. At least, it does so on my self compiled version.

(@All: Sometimes the forum software sucks. I wasnā€™t able to get the last two sentences indented. Now it looks as if this paragraph doesnā€™t belong to the third point - but it should! Any idea how to do this? If I delete the blank line before it, it gets merged into the quote, which is also not what I want. These types of bugs are what I sometimes hate the HTML and WYSIWYG editors for. :rage:)

1 Like

how do i install openGapps? i have been trying to do it for the last 30 minsā€¦without any luckā€¦i ve downloaded the FPOSOS, then downloaded a browser through F-Droid, opened opengapps.org through the browser and then downloaded the pico version of 5.1 ARM64. Tried installing it through updater. The FP started new in TWRP mode. I then do not know what I did, but I did not manage to install open apps. :frowning: Help!!!

I donā€™t have FROGS ( :slight_smile: ) yet, but did you try to reboot in recovery and from TWRP choose ā€œinstall zipā€ then find your picoGAPPS and apply?

The snapdragon 801 is a 32bit CPU. Have you tried installing the 32bit version?

Thanks NicoM and ungutknut. I just realized that and installed the correct fileā€¦voila!!!google play store is installed. however, i get the error, google play store is ended every time i open it.

You can try to reboot in recovery again and wipe Dalvik cache. Not sure at all it will do the trick butā€¦

Disable location and try again.
There seems to be a conflict.

thanks freibadschwimmer. it workedā€¦Thanks everybodyā€¦

A post was split to a new topic: FP Open OS: FP doesnā€™t charge, but freezes when turned off

Very much thanks to all the team

Thanks for the tips particularly microG Project

1 Like

Update went smooth using method 1 in the instructions.

If youā€™re done using Fairphone Open Source OS, you can always go back to Fairphone OS.

Method 1: Using Fairphone Updater
This is the easiest way to go back to Fairphone OS. Make sure you are connected to a Wi-Fi network before you start.

1. Open the Updater app.
  2. Tap ā€˜Enter advanced modeā€™.
    3 ā€¦

I want check this option but i canĀ“t find ā€œEnter advanced modeā€ in Updater app.

1 Like

Hello everyone!
Just one question : is the GPS working in the os os?

GPS works fine for me. Usually I get a fix within seconds. Sometimes it takes a bit longer and sometimes SatStat says that Iā€™m already connected to a few Satelites but I still donā€™t have a fix. All in all my worst TTFF (time to first fix) was about 1 minute.

Advanced mode is missing for me too, but I think itā€™s already like this since FP OS 1.2.8

@paulakreuzer How can i go back to Fairphone OS?