Fairphone 2: how do you send a text message to a group of contacts?

I can edit contacts and add them to groups in order to send a mass text around…but it seems you cannot then send a text to one of those groups!

How do I do this?

I don’t use an official groups function (wasn’t actually aware there was one), I just creat a new text message, put multiple contacts into the To field, then compose and send from there.

Disclaimer: That’s on FP1.

I’ve also had this issue. If I send a group text, it says ‘Sending’ then fails. If I send them individually, it works fine. Any fix for it? Thanks :slight_smile:

Normally group messages are sent as MMS. So you’ll have to set up the correct APN settings for MMS. I think I saw a setting that allowed to disable the conversion into MMS, but I can’t find it anymore.

I can send sms to multiple recipients with the default app but it’s not possible to select the recipients from the contact list in that app. That’s possible in Gosms and messenger but those apps refuses to send anything…

I have the same problem!!
I did a google group in order to be able to send text messages to many people that I need to contact often but I can’t find out how I can text them all at the same time

I have the same problem when I try to send to more than one person sending fails