Fairphone 2 dont work, need help and am unhappy

… and recognized by Windows, otherwise it will not work…

Could you just stop this for 5 minutes give it a try and then still your tutorial can be followed

Dont see additionele updates. I remember me a laptop/ pc which shows IT. This pc not

I guess you can leave it up to @Erik2 which steps he is going to follow next…

I personally think there is something wrong with connecting phone to pc, but notnsure

1 Like

How to check if its data kabel?

Have you already changed the bottom module?

No, how to get It and why dan IT help if IT usually charges?

In gonna continue tomorrow

Just take a bottom module of another FP2…

Because there might be a data pin broken on the USB connector:…

1 Like

You are just holding on to a technicality of the term “update”, while @yvmuell just gave a Windows way to look for a fitting driver for a connected device in case Windows doesn’t install the driver automatically … and a way is via Windows Update as described. This isn’t anything new.
To have the driver ready e.g. as a ZIP file and point Windows to the contents directly is another way.

Of course this can only work if there is a working data connection to the device.

So @yvmuell is right about the driver install via Windows Update, you’re right about the driver ZIP file as well as the bottom module if the driver installation falls flat.

What about a different cable? I see no mention of a different cable yet.

2 Likes

Confirmed, but please reread the whole thread. The device has never been recognized by Windows, and the OP did not know how to install the driver before:

Because the driver has not been installed before on this Windows system, the additional Windows update which @yvmuell suggested is never offered. If the driver had been installed manually once either automatically or by following the tutorial, and it was not the latest, a Windows update would have been available, of course. To install a Windows driver it is not necessary to connect its device, but it is not offered by Windows Update when it has not been installed or is the latest one, which I do not assume.

Actually yes when an outdated driver had been installed before, otherwise no.

Good point, but according to my experience the microUSB port is the weaker part…

I see your point, but can you say for sure Windows wouldn’t appoint some generic driver to the device upon initial connection, which could fail to handle the device in a meaningful way resulting in it not being found in various ways in Windows, but which then could be updated?

But I’ll readily admit this is also a technicality and doesn’t help to resolve the issue, so @Erik2 … just try everything :wink: .

2 Likes

No, of course not. As soon as the phone is connected to the PC and recognized by Windows, it seems to apply a generic driver first. It is perfectly fine to update that driver with Windows Update afterwards, especially when the device cannot be used under certain conditions (fastboot). But here Windows does not even recognize new hardware, so no driver has been installed to be updated either…

This is a family with more people ofher are in use now

@AnotherElk has suggested to try another data cable, in case you do not have one, those for microUSB are not that expensive to buy and try…

Switching USB cable didn’t work and switching module not too

Adb stille cant find any device and the update doesn’t appear too. Maybe there is something bigger wrong like the whole cpu.or something

… or just the bottom module is at fault. (Edit: Overlooked your post above, sorry.) Maybe you will have the possibility to check with one of the other FP2s, or find a Fairphone Angel near you…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.