Fairphone 2 3D printed casings available

No offence taken, the transparent cover is epic.

This casing I mainly developed for outfitting hardware extensions at a later point. But also some people like to have a purple+yellow phone, always good to add possibilities!

3 Likes

Very much looking forward to the first use of the expansion port in the wild :slight_smile:

Nice going @dvl!

3 Likes

Congratulations! :smile:
The two parts do not look attached one to another : they are very tight to the phone so they do not move ?
Would you post a video of dressing on / getting off the case ? :smile:
Again bravo!

did very small sneaky update on the file, vibration motor sometimes hit casing, now it won’t anymore

1 Like

I ordered the 2 parts in 2 different colors, let’s be funky!

I’m not very happy with the standard FP2 casing, it’s very difficult to install. Nobody will believe you can change the screen in 2 minutes when you can’t even easily set the casing…

Now with added battery compartment!

Just compartment for carying extra battery, no charging or whatever. For those that want to pack some extra juice on the go!

In same shapeways shop

10 Likes

Any other requests for designs? Maybe some patterns?

I think splitting the cover in 3 colors would be cool, so you’d be able to do (some) flags with it.

1 Like

Loving the idea!

But with current design that would result in an unstable fitting casing :cry:

At some point shapeways experimented with doing full-colour sls 3d printing, I made a design that looked way funky, but the quality of the print was terrible and they stopped the program…

2 Likes

Nice work!

2 questions:

• do you think it can be made as slim as possible around the screen
  • do you have any infos about the material (with colors) regarding harmful substances?

Keep it up!

This is as slim as i can make it without loosing too much stiffness. Besides, I like the way the colours break up the front side, makes it less of a black rectangular glass slab like any other phone.

The material is nylon, don’t know about the colours. Check shapeways.com and go to Materials tab, lots if info there about how it is made.

Oh come on…! Not that hard when you get the hand of if… But these look great…

1 Like

OMG 5 orders total. People are going crazy over 3D printed stuff.

5 Likes

I’d really like an orange or a red case so will probably order from you once previous buyers have posted feedback.
Incidentally, would you be able to print and send this FP2 dock, and how much would you charge for it?

upload it to shapeways and see for yourself

1 Like

Thanks I’ve tried. You wonder whether they are printing it in pure 24cts gold. If you see what I mean :wink:

Hej @dvl,
very nice cover and it’s so nice to have an alternative cover option :slight_smile:
I ordered the red/white version, looks cool and stylish!

Here are some impressions of the cover:

Greetings, Markus!

5 Likes

Cool!

You happy with the fit?

Jea, the bottom part is a little bit tight, the top part could be tighter, but both are ok. The material feels a littlebit to rough, i thought Shapeways would polish it a littlebit more, but it’s also ok, can’t slip out of the hand :slight_smile:

Do you think it is possible, maybe for another version, to build a cover without the screen protection, so the cover will getting smaller and look more like a simple back cover? Or are the cover guide tracks on the sides to small? i don’t need the screen protection at all, like the standard rubber cover.

1 Like

Yeah I am working on a 1piece model that needs a lot les on the front, by I
have been out of the country for two months, so that has slowed down
development a bit :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes