Battery with more capacity?

Good morning,

Yesterday, in the Fairphone meeting we had in Basque Country, a woman that wanted to know more about Fairphone asked us a question we were not able to answer.

The information of the Fairphone battery is that it is 2420 mAh.
As this woman works all day with the mobile and uses it a lot, she asked if it is possible to integrate in the FP2 a battery of around 4000mAh.

So, my question here to the forum:
*Do you know if Fairphone offers more than one model of batteries?
*Would it be possible to incorporate in the FP2 a battery of other type of 4000mAh?

Thank you very much for your help,

Iratxe

1 Like

No, Fairphone offers only one type of FP2 batteries. I haven’t heard of another battery type.

Yes, if someone produces it. (If the battery is bigger, then also a new case has to be produced.)

1 Like

To illustrate what a bigger battery would result in:

1 Like

Ok, thank you,

I would answer to her that “at the moment” she can only use the Fairphone battery of 2420mAh in a FP2, and if she needs more capacity, she would have to carry with her another battery in order to change it when the first one is empty.

Thank you!

Iratxe

1 Like

Hi, as an alternative she can buy a powerbank. With 20€ you can have a 11000m powerbank wich is 200 grams and will recharge the phone several times if needed.

4 Likes

Thank you very much for your support!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.