European Fairphoners Community Trip to Amsterdam (#EFCT16) (22-28/8/16)

There’s a poll going on until Sunday, where you can vote for your favourite workshops and social activities at the #efct16.

:arrow_right:To the poll :slight_smile:

This weekend is the last chance to vote!

Hey,

I live near Amsterdam so I’m interested in coming (but not staying at night). I know I won’t come every day, that’s cause I have to work. I can even come in the afternoon and then come to work if my roster is planned for the evening. But I don’t know my roster yet for august.

I wish you all a lovely stay in Amsterdam!! :smiley: and maybe I make something in the kitchen for you all, fairfood :wink:

There is also Bits of Freedom. Like I said before, they should be interested in many of the concepts of Fairphone. If you want a workshop to have exposure, they can for example advertise it on their webpage. Same for Consumentenbond. And Xs4all perhaps?

3 Likes

The poll about workshops and activities has been closed and here are the results (in descending order):

###Workshops (values with 50% or more, 11 voters, 71 total votes)

• Get the most out of your Fairphone - Hidden functions & settings. (81%)
  • Building a FP2 from scratch (like in a Chinese factory) (72%)
  • Difference between: a) Recovery, b) Bootloader, c) Firmware, d) OS. What must be setup together, what can be installed separately (63%)
  • Learn how to organise an urban mining workshop (54%)
  • Play around with FP2’s expansion port / think about creative modules, etc. (with @dvl) (54%)
  • Urban mining workshop (54%)

###Social Activities (values with 50% or more, 8 voters, 37 total votes)

• Cooking together (with @Vinni) (75%)
  • Bike tour to windmills (with @Stefan) (62%)
  • Games night (with @Stefan) (62%)
  • Sightseeing in Amsterdam (62%)
  • Taking a boat to the IJsselmeer (62%)
  • Pub quiz with Fairphone fun facts (with @Irina_Spitznagel) (50%)
  • Recording a Video from the community to share it with the people, who can’t participate (50%)

The organization team will evaluate the result of the poll and see which activities can become reality.

PS: There are some workshops without someone who holds them. If you feel you’d like to take the lead in one of them, please see the list of workshops, where we need help. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Please have a look at this topic and help make the EFCT16 a success!

Hi! Fairphone user from Utrecht, NL here. I’d like to be there!

4 Likes

Hey all,

I’d like to propose another workshop: a Urban Mining Manual Booksprint!

As you might know the Urban Mining Manual is now a designed PDF. This looks nice, but has proven to be holding back translations and community updates to the document.

So I would like to free the Urban Mining Manual and transfer it’s contents to an open platform named Booktype. Booktype is Open Source software and allows for collaborative writing, editing, designing ánd translating of documents like the Urban Mining manual. The result can be easily exported to various formats, both open and closed.

I think if I make sure everyone who wants to join is set up with accounts, and all participants spend 30 minutes reading the documentation of Booktype, we can easily transfer the Urban Mining Manual to this open platform in a few hours.

What do you think? Will it fit in the schedule?

6 Likes

And another idea:

Movie night at Fairphone!
The Director of When Elephants Fight wants to do a Q&A with us if we screen his documentary at the office.

How about stone-oven pizza and popcorn and a good discussion afterwards?
Where is the schedule and can I see if it still fits in?

Like this:

7 Likes

I posted the schedule of the #efct16 in the first post. Some more detailed information will follow for some of the events. :slight_smile:

If you have questions, please ask! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I won’t be able to join since I have to travel somewhere else, work related. But I wish you all a great and productive time in Amsterdam, and hope that I’ll be able to join you next time!

1 Like

I hope I will be able to join you on Friday.

2 Likes

Hello! my flight will arrive to Amsterdam airport at 17.25 hours (on monday august 22th). I will go directly to the apartment and meet you there. I have read this morning the program for the week and it seems highly interesting. Very good idea the film watching also! Thank you very much for the organization and see you next monday!! Have a nice week,

4 Likes

Hey Lidwien, the workshop with Katie has been changed to Thursday and the Q&A is one hour later.
I hope this does not mess up your plans…

1 Like

I wish you all an exciting trip in Amsterdam!!!

4 Likes

On our way to Amsterdam!!! :smiley:

@Stefan, @Paulkreuzer, @Stanzi :slight_smile:

Short stop in Cologne…

… to pick up @Amber. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday | Saturday | Sunday

Everyone of the apartment Fairphoners have arrived happily and, after taking some hurdles (they hadn’t told us that we have to check in at the other end of the city, and they had told us the wrong street number “out of security reasons” :stuck_out_tongue:), we are now preparing our first dinner together.

Sleeping at the apartment are @iratxe, @amber, @paulakreuzer, @Stanzi, @Stefan, @Vinni and @werner_noebauer. @Irina_Spitznagel and @Douwe also joined us for the evening to have dinner with us.

Here is a picture:

(f. l. t. r.: @Irina_Spitznagel, @werner_noebauer, @amber, @Douwe, @iratxe, @vinni, @paulakreuzer)

##The European Fairphoners Community Trip 2016 has officially begun!

Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday | Saturday | Sunday

10 Likes

The community has arrived

12 Likes

@Douwe
So do I see this correctly that FP staff gets additional color choice for the back covers?
:wink:

Looks nice in white :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Very perceptive :slight_smile:
That is a test cover from over a year ago. Some of us use different covers at the office as an office with 50 people with the same phone is prone to many confusions :wink:

7 Likes