Enlargement of the phone case issue

I didn’t know that the IMEI is required when contacting the support about a problem of the protective case.

2 Likes

Yes as I said can be a burden, however you can just email support@fairphone.com :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had to put the exposure to 1 to don’t just have a dark block

I don’t think so, all the rubber seems to be equal size.

2 Likes

Same timing, you wait for the FP3+ i suppose (like me)

I was too, I think they don’t had exceptions for the other things, the main return is the FP. It’s still disturbing because not serious.

For the moment i didn’t have support answer about my issue

The video of the case issue

2 Likes

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue. Have the black phone case for the Fairphone 3 since 6 months and it’s now bigger than day one. It’s pretty annoying.

2 Likes

I send the ticket monday and still no answer :disappointed_relieved:

Same Problem with my black case.
I really hope for a silicone case because getting a new one every year or so is more is just a waste of resources.

The news, Fairphone reply to my warranty request, they will send me a new case in replacement.

I hope this issue was just a temporary issue now solve with the plastic or the process and I will never have to ask again for a new case. Some people seems to have ordered the case in September or October, so if we are lucky, its just a temporary manufacturing issue and the warranty will solve it.

5 Likes

Given the concerns I have changed how I use the case, removing at least every other day. I had a small piece of Non Woven Fabric inside the case covering the usb port, to protect the port from debris. I now have piece of Gorilla tape on the outside which I can lift to charge the phone.

Not so pretty ~ and the case does fine but it’s on my mind now

:pensive:

Just a note

From 2 July until the end of July, Deutsche Telekom customers will exclusively receive a free protective phone case made from 100 percent recycled material (RRP 39,95EUR) for every Fairphone 3+ purchased from Deutsche Telekom.

1 Like

Magnetic adapter. 'Nuff photographed :slight_smile: .

For those interested … https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07QGB1PZC … but there’s a myriad of vendors and different types and shops to get them from out there for every liking.

4 Likes

Yes that’s my next move.

2 Likes

Can confirm the corners began to bulge slightly which is unusual.

3 Likes

Yes I didn’t mention that as I wasn’t sure.

Hi everyone,

Not adding much to the conversation, except for letting you know that my black case has the same issue. I have had it since september 2020.

It doesn’t bother me so much, but if FP could fix it for future production that would ofcourse be great :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Which issue, bobbing up and down in the case or growing ears like a rabbit. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@anon9989719 the first one :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I received an answer to my ticket: I’m getting a new case as a replacement. hopefully this won’t happen again and the problem is solved once for all (at a least a few years)

8 Likes

the case is starting to enlarge again. I guess it is a heat related issue. summer at over 30 degrees constantly hasn’t helped. guess I will stick with it and move to somewhere cooler in the future.

2 Likes