Ear speaker problem

Hi everybody,

Yesterday I just got my brand new FP3. After installing /e/, I begin to try it but, it seems I have a problem with the ear speaker. It doesn’t work. Instead, sound is coming from the rear speaker. Even if I use the checkup tools

I can’t tell if it’s a hardware problem or a software problem.

Is there someone that can help me?

Thank you!

Welcome to the community forum.

You could install Fairphone OS to see whether it works then …

https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043337512-Install-Fairphone-OS-on-Fairphone-3-using-a-computer

If it works, you could install /e/ again.
If it doesn’t work with Fairphone OS either, you could disassemble the top module, clean the contacts with cleaning alcohol and reassemble the module … please see section “Replace the Top Module” here …

https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032260272-Replace-a-Fairphone-3-module

If you don’t feel confident doing this, perhaps fairphoneangels (<- see link for info) in your vicinity could be able to help, it’s worth asking.

Else you could contact support (make sure Fairphone OS is installed then) … https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us.

It’s hard to say with certainty, but this might also be related to an ongoing audio issue with the FP3 that Fairphone has been working on to fix for quite a while. You might want to test if a reboot of your FP3 makes a difference (unfortunately, if it does, it will probably not last as a fix forever, so we still need the fix from Fairphone).

Unfortunately reboot dont fix the problem.

I was afraid to get that answer :smiley:

That was already so much stress to change OS the first time that i would prefer to not do that a seconde time.

I will begin by cleaning the top module.

I keep you informed.

Thank you

Hi,

After un-mounting and remounting several times, it still doesn’t work.

However, yesterday I got a new /e/OS update and it fixes my problem.

Thank you for your help.