Display unlock problems

Same problem here. At very random moments the SIM in slot 1 blocks, locks the screen and ask for the sim pincode and afterwards the fingerprint or the phone pincode. This never happens with SIM 2
Sometimes it happens twice a day, sometimes 5 times in a row. Very annoying
Also, the preferred SIM configuration is disturbed, SIM 2 is selected for all calls and text messages.

hi volker, thanks for your answer, here my screenshots whithout fingerprint-option:

hi, unfortunately i had to do a factory reset (trying to repair this PIN-bug), but even now still the same problem: unlocking needs the same pin-code two times.

hi, unfortunately i had to do a factory reset (using a swipe pattern trying to repair this PIN-bug which backfired and dit not open any morre at all), but even now still the same problem: unlocking needs the same pin-code two times.

This looks normal so far.
Can you also please send a screenshot of the page when you select “Fingerabdruck” (the first page should be a PIN confirmation page and after that there should be the “Fingerabdruck” settings page)?
Thanks.

thanks for your fast answer! here is next screenshot:

Well, as the screenshot says - you should already be able to unlock your phone via this stored fingerprint.
I’d propose to add your finger again as additional fingerprint. Maybe the device does no longer recognize the first finger already stored?
Apart from that there had always been lot of reports in the past about the FP3 fingerprint sensor not working perfectly.
Maybe you have a look at this post:

Or at this topic:

And (even as it sounds starnge) for some it has helped to put an adhesive tape (“Tesafilm”) over the fingerprint sensor to improve it.

1 Like

hello volker, thanks for your answer! I dont understand the above sentence.
please would you be so kind as to tell mewhere else to look for a fingerptint unlock option!
thanks in advance, rudi

Maybe @OldRoutard can best answer your question as that’s the person having created the mentioned post.
I understand the sentence as there’s the setting “Choose screen lock” with the mentioned options. It’s normal (works as designed) that “fingerprint” does not appear there. Using the fingerprint is always an option to unlock the phone, once the fingerprint is registered, independently of what’s selected as additional unlock option under the “choose screen lock” setting.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

thank you for your answer, that seems fully logical to me.
but even now, with two new good, registered fingerprints , I don’t find an option lin to choose this to unlock my phone. where is this menu?

thank you in advance!!

I think there is no option. It should just work. So it seems that in your case there’s something wrong (not in the setting, because there’s none…) - and sorry, I don’t know what exactly… :frowning:

But I don’t understand this.
Is the fingerprint-lock activated by itself as soon as you scan your finger?
How was it with your phone?

Yes, exactly.  

but then you should have to be asked if to unlock by pin or by fingerprint. is that right?

No, once you’ve registered your fingerprint you can always* use it to unlock your phone. You can configure an alternative method to unlock the phone via PIN, pattern or password.

*) Fingerprint unlocking is not available directly after a restart of the phone or after a high number of failed attempts (you’ll need the other configured method - like e.g. PIN - in that moment)

1 Like

hi budo, did you find a solution for your “double-pin” problem?
thanks, rudi

thank you, volker, I can see that more clearly now!

1 Like

Yes. I switched the sims positions and then the problem went away. Very strange!

thanks for your answer.
unfortunately, changing my sim position did not solve this fastidious bug.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.