Well, I agree with you: too many wikis isn’t a good idea. We could merge (and summarize) my thread with the Living without Google Wiki.
Here’s what I would propose (let’s discuss it here and make the changes later)
- Under Method 1 /install F-droid: add in brackets: (app store that provides free and open source applications; for alternative stores, see here).
- Under Method 1: add an “optional” line with your proposition (The following preinstalled…)
- Under Method 1: add an “optional” line with something like that: Fairphone Open only comes with basic apps, if you need apps for maps and navigation, for watching YouTube, for Twitter, etc., you should find recommendations on the forum (see here, for example) or browse the F-droid catalogue.
- Under Method 1: add an “optional” line labelled “Main settings” with two subitems:
- to synchronize contacts, calendars and tasks, see here and there
- to optimize location/GPS, see here
Nevertheless, I think that it could still be useful to give some names of popular apps. The community won’t agree on all the apps, but I think that some basic apps could satisfy most of the users (and we can put two names for some apps, like for browsers: Lightning and Firefox).
In you proposition, we could use a bracket: "You should find alternatives on F-Droid (like K-9 Mail, Open Camera, Lighting, Firefox, Vanilla Music, etc.)"
Under my third point above, we could name OsmAnd~, VLC, NewPipe, WebTube, Document Viewer, Barcode scanner, etc.