English

Disable sim card

sim
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f9ff87a1288>

Since the update, the function of disabling sim cards is not working anymore. I do see many unsatisfied customers and no comment from the side of Fairphone. That means that people are getting more and more frustrated (see bugtracker about this) and are not recommending FP2 anymore or even switching to other dual sim phone.
Fairphone stands for a community, a movement, working on a more fair world. Dual sim is one of the really great features of FP re waste/environment. And now FP is giving up on this.
Please Fairphone, take our comments serious and get this function back as soon as possible.

Grt.Gert

Here is one:

We understand that this is an important feature for many users. I personally always use two SIM cards. Unfortunately, I am unable to say when this issue will be resolved at the moment.

The bug status is “confirmed”, so clearly they accept that this is an issue that should be fixed, which is the opposite of giving up on it.

Thanks a lot Paula for your answer.
The problem is that other information given by Fairphone (e.g. mentioned in the thread) is different from what you are saying.
So I hope your answer is the one Fairphone is really working on. Might be good to give that answer in the thread of the bugtracker.
Succes with fixing/resolving this issue, that will help people continuing to use and promoot Fairphone as the best alternative.
Thank again for your answer.
Grt.Gert

What do you mean?

The answer I quoted is from the bugtracker.

What Gert means is the answer I got from Fairphone support on January 9th which can be found in the bugtracker likewise:

"At the moment we are not working on it to get it back. We might do in the future, but at the moment its not our priority. "

Whether or not this is being worked on, I am disappointed in Fairphone either way. I am not sure how an update with such serious flaws can be released in the first place. When I updated my phone, with the second sim disabled as it was, it got into a locked mode asking for a pin and puk for my first sim but not accepting either. Asking for help via the service desk was pointless, they suggested it was a sim provider problem! We finally worked out ourselves to take out the second sim card (after powering down via the work around, given that that doesn’t work properly either since the update). After that, no problem. But also no dual sim. And no response from Fairphone about when this might be fixed or even an apology.

That is probably still true as there are many other bugs and only one was fixed so far.