Disable Earbuds wearing detection?

Hello!!
My earbuds put all my videos in pause constantly, every 10/20 seconds.
I guess they have some kind of sensor to detect if you are wearing them.
If that is the case, can it be disabled?

Thanks!

Welcome to the community :wave:

Are your earbuds in the case when this happens? If the answer is yes, this might be related:

Thank you for answering hirnsushi!
No, my case is different.
when I am wearing and using my earbuds, the music in the phone pauses by itself.
Then if I move the earbuds around a bit, the music is restarted.

Reading the Q&A, I found this:
Take one or both earbuds out to pause the audio.

(https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407930364177-Fairphone-True-Wireless-Stereo-TWS-Earbuds)

I guess mine does not work, and it detects like if I would have remove them even when I did not. It’s very annoying. I would like to disconnect this feature

Thanks!

Ah, then I misunderstood you :slightly_smiling_face:

Since you already read the FAQs, you probably noticed this part as well:

It is not possible to reconfigure the controls. There is no accompanying app for the earbuds.

Judging by that statement I don’t think it’s possible to deactivate that functionality, but I don’t own the earbuds, others might be able to offer more insight here.

Regardless, this sounds like a problem that shouldn’t happen, so I would definitely contactsupport if you haven’t already.

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem. In the autumn the gestures kind of worked but with a Beanie hat they seem to be confused when I wear them or not. That leads to all gestures being misunderstood, even volume up or down does not really work anymore. I’d prefer to be able to turn of the gesture control completely and just do everything from my phone.

Did you have any success improving the issue?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.