I’m currently using both FP1 & FP2. After I rooted and ungoogled the FP2 I’ll decide which Phone I’ll keep and which one I’ll gift/lend to a friend, but for now I’m in the cool situation to be able to compare the 2 phones directly.
I noticed lots of Software differences and I am going to list those that I pin on the different Android versions and in my opinion are worse on FP2.
EDIT: I added differences reported by other users (also in other topics) and made this a wiki
- Recent Apps (FP1: long press home button, FP2: Tap the recent apps/views button)
- on FP1 I can long press one of the recent Apps and get the App Info, so I can actually find out which App this is. On FP2 I only see the symbol of the App, but if e.g. I get a popup from a preinstalled App the Symbol is often just the green Android, so I have no way of knowing what App it is exactly.
- On FP2 Popups that should disappear will show in the Recent Apps panel as well and overcrowd it that way.
- Lock Screen
- On FP1 you can tap on a lockscreen Notification, unlock the Phone and you’ll be taken to the App that caused the Notification. On the FP2 that works by double tapping the Notification, but not with unknown Apps (see Recent Apps above)
- On FP2 Notifications don’t activate the screen
- FP2’s Lockscreen Widgets can’t be edited.
- App Info (Settings > All Apps)
- On FP1 the App Info includes the Version Number, on FP2 I can’t find that.
- Sign in to WiFi
- When I connect to a Wi-Fi that has a Sign-in Form the Notification for that (WiFi Symbol with Questionmark) takes me to my standard Browser (Firefox) on FP1 and to a popup from an unknown App (see above) on FP2. The popup itself is annoying but what’s worse: Firefox will stay connected even if the WiFi connection breaks up for a few seconds; the unknown App on FP2 asks me to sign up again every time! And with an unstable WiFi connection like the one I have at work that makes the FP2 unusable for browsing (which is why I’m writing this on FP1)
- Dual Sim