Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread

Thanks for the clarification. I guess the information that I’ve gathered about January orders (as I’ve mentioned here Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread ) started to blur things / expectation as to when my / November orders will be delivered.

Same with me - I ordered on Dec 1st, when the shop site said "delivery in Jan 2016”. And I already sold my old phone… :wink:

I don’t see my delivery number. I can only see invoice number and order number.
:frowning:
It is because it is preorder (two weeks ago)? Does it mean I’ll receive my phone when a nokia 1100 finally die?

Just see my post 3 posts up :wink: [quote=“danielsjohan, post:480, topic:11149”]
as far as I understand, nobody who ordered after the kickstarter did receive a delivery number. This issue has been raised a few times before, but I don’t think anyone ever refuted it. I’m in the same situation, no idea when to expect my phone :smile:
[/quote]

I got that confirmed by the support btw !

1 Like

I have received a response from @borjan . I’ll quote the bit which addresses my question and might be of use to everyone else:

Paid orders made during the crowdfunding period from July-September should have their phone shipped to them over the next three weeks in January.

Paid orders made from October to January are now scheduled to ship in February on a rolling basis.

Since this is still an estimate, we will continue to give updates three times a week on our blog, as well as send a newsletter if anything changes in our planning.

See also @emmy 's replies Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread - #476 by emmy and Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread - #479 by emmy

1 Like

Delivery (start only) of phone #7368 reported
… by FP shiptment depart. Ordered on 6.8.2015

just for benchmark and state-of-delivery
Of course it is translucent blue

2 Likes

Cool. So the delivery speed is really increasing :smile:

If you have changed the delivery address between the order and shipping date i would contact the delivery Partner very soon. Because they will get the delivery address that you wrote when you ordered your phone even if you have changed the delivery address in your account.

That doesn’t sound good - did you also notify Fairphone support about this in case this is a larger issue?

(I’ll also tag @Douwe, just in case)

1 Like

Yes i did.
Finally i got my new device:) It Looks really great everything fits and works! Great Job!!

2 Likes

The eagle has landed and phone #7368 arrived and will keep me busy this weekend :smile:
My skills not only for first steps will follow on the corresponding forum first impressions
I hope my journalism skills will be sufficient not to spoil or be too boring while reporting my first impressions.

regards

3 Likes

Hello,
I’d to know if others are having the sae kind of trouble. I’m writing here as the Support doesn’t answer me.
I was one of the early subscibers of the fairphone as I bought one on July 17th, payed via Paypal ( i have a receipt)
Having not received anything yet, I contacted the support team more than a week ago, after realizing my order was considered as cancelled, even though the money was paid, and considering I didn’t cancel it myself.
I’m hoping i’ll get some anwsers here :slight_smile:
Xav

Some years ago I read somewhere that PayPal sometimes held the money back because of some obscure security reasons. So it never arrived to the seller… Maybe something like this happend. Try to check your Paypal account.

I don’t think it was the case, PayPal sent me a receipt and the money is gone from y bank account :slight_smile:

Did you get an e-mail from Fairphone confirming you payment?

no, just one confirming my order

and i don’t have a paypal account, you don’t need one to use their service…

Then the money maybe never arrived to them. Just google “Paypal” “freeze funds” or something like that and you will see. Check with them!

1 Like

Hi to all of those who are waiting for their phone to arrive.

I’m going to cancel my order to make a point to the company that they cannot ignore the delivery delay issues with very little transparency on the problems. I thought transparency was the hallmark of the company? Why is there nothing on the front page to apologise to customers for the continued delays?

I think for cancellations to make a point, it would be good to have a more people cancelling at the same time because this will give a clear signal to the company that ideas are great in principle but receiving the product is also just as important.

By the way, my order number is 8092.