[Debloater + Google reducer] Unofficial Fairphone 3 debloat script

Yes on my ‘Guide’ for a Rasp-pi I noted that :slight_smile:

Damn, it’s empty in here!

Just wanted to say that I might push an update somewhere in the next couple of days removing the -k from the command and including some more apps

A suggestion: could there be a documented option for the script to include the -k? (for easier undoing in case of unexpected consequence)

1 Like

As a command line parameter/ argument? … https://ss64.com/nt/syntax-args.html

1 Like

Announcement

Sorry for being a bit inactive lately :sweat_smile:, but anyways, I am currently learning Python and since it’s a scripting language I will port my debloating script to python. It will be easier to maintain for me since I won’t have to have separate versions for every OS. I can also add features like choosing to keep certain stuff, installing Aurora Store/F-Droid/Aurora Droid and even enabling the Android P theme. I already started working on it and I will post an update here when it’s ready.

Stay tuned!

2 Likes

Hello, thanks for this tool.

I have just re-installed stock OS, and the script does not work. After saying “yes” to every question I can quickly see “permission denied” before all the log messages disappear (saving a log could be useful).

I think this is due to not running adb as root, but on stock OS I don’t have the option of running adb as root. Is there any workaround?

EDIT: I just had to run chmod +x adb from terminal before launching the script (I am on linux). it worked :wink:

Still I would comment the clear_screen() method

2 Likes

Shell script should work on every OS, its just that on Windows the user might have to install a shell (but that’s not impossible, and they need to install Python 3 as well now).

You also use the following code:

if name == “nt”:
adb_command = "adb.exe "
else:
adb_command = "./adb "

Windows follows %PATH% variable as well, and fp3_debloater/adb at main · JBNCK/fp3_debloater · GitHub is a binary which probably does not work on certain OSes and platforms (not in line with your if then else statement). I’m thinking of Linux/ARM64 and macOS/x86-64 and macOS/ARM64 (M1). Instead, of unsetting adb_command you can check if adb_command variable is empty or set argv/$1 as such. You could also inform user to install adb via package manager such as Yum/APT/Pacman (Linux), Homebrew (macOS), or Chocolatey/Winget (Windows).

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.