Daily Limit for Topic Posts in First 24 Hours as Forum User

Hi everyone,

I just received the following message when trying to reply to a post:

We have a daily limit on how many times that action can be taken. Please wait 22 hours before trying again.

I just joined today, and I think it’s a good idea to limit the number of re:'s a basic user can have. However, would it be possible to put the message I just wrote on hold, so that a moderator could approve or reject it?

Actually, I just circumvented the limit by sending private messages to the post authors I was going to reply to. It was rather a pressing issue, as someone was advised to delete the ASOP keyboard. Been there, done that, locked me out for good from my phone. Thankfully, @Shiny reacted immediately and edited the post and added that the OP should have a second keyboard installed to prevent that. Really HTH, otherwise…

1 Like

I have checked into this and there is a reply limit on your first day as a newbie to the forum.

It doesn’t matter if you move from the New User to Basic User trust access level. It’s a built in feature to reduce SPAM.

I’ll update the guidance on the Forum User Access Levels

[Edit: Guidance now updated. Also a way around this can be to PM as you have already mentioned (as long as you have Basic User access and not New User as this is restricted), or to edit a previous response]

1 Like

I’ve closed this topic as answer is documented. New replies are no longer allowed.

Also update topic title