Contacts try to sync with Google too often

Got my phone and startet it without simcard and WLAN. After the initial settings, i connected it with my wlan and installed everything I need from fdroid. Then I rootet it with: download bootimage, flash bootimage, reboot, install superuser. Now I installed AFWall+ and gave Wlan-permission to those first installed apps (Firefox, DAV-droid and so on). Then activated protocoll. The app which insists the most to connect to internet is: contact: It wants to sync with Gmail. Now I need a replacement for contacts, Is there any easy app that does not need any network-connection?

Same goes for “Photo”, I replaced it with Quickpic, but Quickpic is second on the list “which app wants the most network connection”.

By the way: my FP2 works as expected, the hardware is fine, the software is partially ugly.

Spielmops

1 Like

Are you on a self-compiled or the stock ROM?

Have you recognized the topic about having contacts only locally on the phone?

https://forum.fairphone.com/t/fp2-add-local-contacts/11858?source_topic_id=13470

For the gallery app, see this thread, if you haven’t seen it already. There are only a few suggestions to choose from, though.

I did, what I wrote and so I’m on stock-ROM. Contacts: neither nor. I have my own cloud and there are the contacts. That works, but it’s disturbing that the app “Contacts” wants to sync so often to Google. I think that will waste power.

Spielmops

Do you use the newest version of Quickpic or the older one described in the post linked above. Quickpic was bought by a not so nice enterprise, so the last good version is 4.5.2 Picture viewer app: what's your choice?

QuickPic is now version 4.5.2, the calls are a little bit fewer and go to Zhejiang Taobao Network Co., 2nd floor, westlake international. That’s not a good version …

Spielmops

3 posts were split to a new topic: How to monitor / protocol outgoing internet connections