Contacts triplicate

Hello,
In the Contacts app on a Fairphone 6, the contacts from my Exchange account are appearing in triplicate. I deleted and re-synced everything, and the duplicates were gone, but the next day I noticed they were tripled again. In the list, they all appear under the Exchange account.
If anyone knows how to solve this problem…
Thanks for your replies.

Hi,
it might be because you’re using an Exchange account; try using “Contacts VCF.”
Best regards,
Antonio

Contacts VCF — Backup & Share - Apps on Google Play

Hello,

Hello,
It’s a paid app.
I’ve never had this problem with Samsung smartphones…

It might be they come from another account like Whatsapp check which contacts you display in your contacts app

Thanks yvmuell. The Contacts app really isn’t great: WhatsApp contacts don’t show up—only Gmail contacts and those from the specified Exchange account appear, not the WhatsApp ones.
Yet they are included in the total contact count! You have to delete them within WhatsApp.