Charger and no charge

Hello,

I have bought my fisrt farephone 2 weeks ago. I received it without charger.
The phone charge doesn’t work using different kind of chargers. I feel a big frustration like being abused. It is not indicated on there website or not clearly Fairphone 4 - Sustainable. Long-lasting. Fair. | Fairphone. Farephone is really more expensive than competitors.
Delivering a phone without charger is like going to the sea without swining suit. Their argument is to save the planet. nevertheless, I have received 2 Earphones at the same time.
Is farephone another bullshit marketing company?
Thank for your answers because I am closed to send the phone back to farephone.

Welcome to the community forum.

What about a different cable? The cable is important, too. If in doubt, it should help if it is USB-IF certified.

There’s still the odd chance you got a phone with a malfunction, **it happens. You can take that up with your seller or with Fairphone support … https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us … or you could return the phone within the given time.

Yes, and for all the right reasons. Why did you get one?
How can competitors be cheaper? Could it be it’s not only mass-production benefits, but also that somebody along the way pays the price the customer doesn’t?

Are you in France? It was reported here in the forum that France forces phone vendors to include earphones when selling their phones. Nothing any phone vendor can do about it in this case.

1 Like

I didn’t find how to answer in your message.
Yes I have tested with different cable also.

I bought the phone on the fairphone website. Yes I am in France but 2 earphones are not mandatory.

My remark was more on the way to do. 2 earphones but no charger.
By the way,
I have contacted the support 4 days ago, no answer.
I want to send back my phone before 14 days. https://www.fairphone.com/fr/legal/politique-retour-fairphone/
When you call someone a phone box tell you. The support is closed. Call later. Nothing else.

It’s boring. I am very sad because I was happy to find another phone taking car to the planet and with the possibility to repear it.

I didn’t find how to answer in your message.
Yes I have tested with different cable also.

I bought the phone on the fairphone website. Yes I am in France but 2 earphones are not mandatory.

My remark was more on the way to do. 2 earphones but no charger.
By the way,
I have contacted the support 4 days ago, no answer.
I want to send back my phone. The link explaining how to do doesn’t work

When you call someone a phone box tell you. The support is closed. Call later. Nothing else.

It’s very boring. I am very sad because I was happy to find another kind of phone.

It is clearly stated on the website, directly below the tech specs:

They don’t include a charger because most people already have a working one at home.

Maybe this was a shipment error. Or did you buy your phone during the “get a free headphone” promotion? If so and you also bought the headphones separately you obviously got two, but that was stated on the website as well.

It’s unfortunate that the charger(s) you already own don’t work. Did you try all different combinations of adapters and cables? Maybe you could also try plugging the phone into you PC to make sure that the cable is working so you only need a new wall plug :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a new Fairphone and found that the 2 Samsung “Adaptive Fast Charger” that I have did NOT work. I had to use an older charger that does not “fast charge”. It works fine. I was also able to charge really slowly through the computer. Hope this helps.

“Normal” charging is also better for the phone since fast charging stresses the battery more and causes it to break more quickly. Also, try keep your phone between 30-80% at all times (don’t wait until it’s at 0% and then charge it to 100%), half-full is the best state for a battery.

No, actually, I think that, as the french law forces phone manufacturers to include earphones when selling smartphones and he got the promotion with free earphones, it means he had two of them (without buying any himself).

2 Likes

Good to know. Thanks. Nobody has ever given me that info before. Cheers

What the fuck is that for? This is honestly one of the most uneccesary laws I’ve heard of :man_facepalming:

It was already explained.

1 Like

To express my reaction in the most Generation-Z-ish way possible:

Bruh

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.