Change localization with Xprivacy on FPOOS 17.06.4

Hi everyone,

today I installed the Open OS with android 6 and I promptly went on to install the Xposed framework and then XPrivacy.

My problem is that I’m not able to set it up in order to fake my localization.
Namely, if I go on settings, the localization option is stuck on “Christmas Island” but is not editable.
Moreover, I logged in on twitter to see what was going to happen with the localization but it was not showing neither Christmas Island.

I have to say that is the first time I use XPrivacy so it is likely to be my fault but even after some research I couldn’t understand what I was doing wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help

XPrivacy settings meaning is this: if you want to block some information for an app you have to deny access to the function that provides this information so the “real” information will be hidden and the “fake” one will be provided to the app.
In your case the Christmas Island location is provided to the apps to which localization access is forbidden.
So I guess in this situation location info to twitter is not forbidden so the real location info is provided to it.
Please check the twitter settings for location and verify if the checkboxes are checked (so XPrivacy denies access to them).
Also you can change the “Christmas Island” position by activating the checkbox to the left of it and clicking on the “Find” button.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.