I had used LOS 15.1 since today. I did an encryption back then and as I learned here, TWRP is unable to decrypt the data partition for Android 8/9 encryption.
I upgraded to 17.1 today using this version of TWRP, on which it it possible to decrypt the data partition.
Now the following questions arise for me:
- Is it necessary to decrypt the data partition for the (daily) LOS updates?
- And what about Open GApps?
- Should I upgrade to the newest TWRP or can I use the custom version for future updates?
- Is there a possibility to “upgrade” the “encryption standard” to what is used on Android 10 and can TWRP then decrypt the data? (sorry for my lack of proper vocabulary )
- LOS offer their own Recovery image, but it is not supporting encryption if I understand correctly (My main problem is that I don’t have a spare SD card, and I cannot save the data on the phone outside the encrypted storage to be able to access it for flashing inside TWRP…)
Thank you very much for your help and have a nice day!