🇬🇧 🇪🇸 Can't turn on FairPhone2 / No puedo encender FairPhone 2

(ENGLISH)
Good afternoon,
14 months ago I bought a Fairphone2. It was working normally but yesterday, I turned it off, and when some minutes later I tried to turn it on, I couldn’t.
When I connect it to the battery charger, a red light appears (flickering slowly), but even if it’s connected for hours, the light doesn’t change the colour, and I can’t turn it on.
I tried with another battery charger and happens the same.
Do you thing I should replace the battery?
Thank you very much,

(SPANISH)
Buenas tardes,
Hace 14 meses compré un Fairphone 2. Funcionaba bien, pero ayer lo apagué, y cuando más tarde intenté encenderlo, ya no pude. Cuando lo conecto al cargador, aparece una luz roja que parpadea lentamente, pero aunque lo tenga conectado durante horas, la luz no cambia y sigo sin poderlo encender.
He probado con otro cargador y ocurre lo mismo.
Creéis que es un problema de la batería y debería cambiarla?
Muchas gracias,

Yes it might be the battery or a problem with the bottom module.
If there are #fairphoneangels near you you might check that out be exchanging these parts…

3 Likes

Thanks for your answer! :slight_smile:
Yes, I wrote an email to the fairphoneangel in Barcelona (where I live), I hope to have an answer soon to check that.
In case I’d have to exchange the battery or the bottom module, do you know this can be covered by the warranty?

1 Like

Bottom module: yes (two years warranty)
Battery: no (one year warranty)
(Supposing it was new when you bought it 14 months ago).
So you should also contactsupport.

2 Likes

Ok! Thank you very much @Volker !

1 Like

Just to close the topic and maybe help people with the same problem:
After trying with another battery and another bottom module, nothing changed, so I send the FP2 to be repaired, through the Fairphone Support Service.
The problem was the core module, so it was replaced, and now the FP2 works perfectly again.

2 Likes